Saturday at midnight, over 200 women walked a half marathon, just over 13 miles, around the Oldham Borough, as they have done for the last few years - raising vital money for Dr Kershaws in Royton,

First of all - Congratulations and a massive amount of respect to all those ladies who walked and raised money for a fantastic, local cause.

Secondly - The walk, which began at the bottom of Sheepfoot Lane, the 'Tics' Car park was in association with ......"The Oldham Chronicle" + " Oldham Athletic Football Club."

There are many more contributors to this event whom provide various things to this great cause, such as the first aiders, Rochdale Road Runners, New Image, groundwork trust and all of the other visible volunteers.

My question is...."Apart from association, what do Oldham Athletic and the Oldham Chronicle do for this event - and how much are they involved in the actual evening?

If it's no more than mere association, then quite frankly, that's not enough.

Thanks to those who can sensibly reply/PM me.

Saturday at midnight, over 200 women walked a half marathon, just over 13 miles, around the Oldham Borough, as they have done for the last few years - raising vital money for Dr Kershaws in Royton,

First of all - Congratulations and a massive amount of respect to all those ladies who walked and raised money for a fantastic, local cause.

Secondly - The walk, which began at the bottom of Sheepfoot Lane, the 'Tics' Car park was in association with ......"The Oldham Chronicle" + " Oldham Athletic Football Club."

There are many more contributors to this event whom provide various things to this great cause, such as the first aiders, Rochdale Road Runners, New Image, groundwork trust and all of the other visible volunteers.

My question is...."Apart from association, what do Oldham Athletic and the Oldham Chronicle do for this event - and how much are they involved in the actual evening?

If it's no more than mere association, then quite frankly, that's not enough.

Thanks to those who can sensibly reply/PM me.

A wild guess would be that they donate some money?

We obviously dont help advertise the walk

But good question in what we actually contribute to it

A wild guess would be that they donate some money?

We obviously dont help advertise the walk

But good question in what we actually contribute to it

I don't believe they financially contribute at all - I'm more than happy and would be really pleased if otherwise.

Also, yes the 'car park?!?!' is used, but at 12;00 am midnight, there isn't even a torch lit, never mind any lights?

I'm not after 'nit-picking', as i'll also be mailing the club with the same queries, I just think that we, as a town and as the leading professional sports club (sorry egg chuckers!!) should be promoting and supporting it more.

For whom did we play in Pink last year- it was the local breast cancer unit wasn't it? What's the percentage of Oldham fans who are men (and thus unable to go on this walk) somewhere around 90% would be my guess. I wonder where the cars were parked- probably on our car park considering it costs us football fans £3 to park there on matchdays it would horrify me if the club charged people that much to park their cars there for such a worthy cause but they could have done if they wanted.

The club do a far bit for charity and some could argue it could do more but bearing in mind its been ages since we've made a profit it does enough for me.

For whom did we play in Pink last year- it was the local breast cancer unit wasn't it? What's the percentage of Oldham fans who are men (and thus unable to go on this walk) somewhere around 90% would be my guess. I wonder where the cars were parked- probably on our car park considering it costs us football fans £3 to park there on matchdays it would horrify me if the club charged people that much to park their cars there for such a worthy cause but they could have done if they wanted.

The club do a far bit for charity and some could argue it could do more but bearing in mind its been ages since we've made a profit it does enough for me.

I'm not quite sure where you are going with this response - there is no suggestion of car parking fees in my op.

I also don't disagree regarding the clubs 'general' charity donations, as i'm quite sure they surely will 'do their bit' - yes I too have a 'pink' Tics shirt.

My question was relating to that particular walk, that is all.

I'm not quite sure where you are going with this response - there is no suggestion of car parking fees in my op.

I also don't disagree regarding the clubs 'general' charity donations, as i'm quite sure they surely will 'do their bit' - yes I too have a 'pink' Tics shirt.

My question was relating to that particular walk, that is all.

No but all those thousands of people at OT last night did they park for free too? The club could have charged for the people on the walk to park on their land but they didn't- if you normally charge for someone to do something but then don't because its for charity its the same as giving money in my eyes. That probably meant an extra couple of hundred quid in the charity's kitty.

No but all those thousands of people at OT last night did they park for free too? The club could have charged for the people on the walk to park on their land but they didn't- if you normally charge for someone to do something but then don't because its for charity its the same as giving money in my eyes. That probably meant an extra couple of hundred quid in the charity's kitty.

OK - Thanks.

We've been working with Dr Kershaws for the past 7 months and if you order from our site using the code DRKER182 you get a 10% discount and Dr K's get a 10% donation.

dr k

The Trust have a similar code and it is something we've suggested to the club as a revenue stream (over 18 months ago!) along with some of our other stuff like latics branded sweets but without a reply since.