Rocket Ronnie

Sensational in the more common usage of the word? Or as in the 'causing intense feelings' meaning?

As personally it made me want to punch him in the face for being an arrogant :censored: whilst simultaneously acting like a petulant child.

Quite the sensation, I can assure you! :)

For somebody to look at a table holding 15 reds and say to the ref "how much for a 147 break?" is sensational, the man is a snooker legend.

He was questioning the competitions organisors about there not being an added bonus for a maximum break which he is entitled to do, i imagine Phil Taylor would ask the same if he was to recieve nothing for a nine darter.

Good players can look at a table and know if it's clearable. That's not to say they will clear it, but at the same time they will be able to see a ball that's not going to fit into a 147.

To call it out is one thing, to then dismiss it as immaterial for £4k is just awful.

You know that that 147 took him clear of Stephen Hendry on 10 maximum breaks? The most ever? Did he earn headlines for that commendable accomplishment or for being a spoiled child and complaining it was only a £4k prize? He's not exactly skint is he? The reason the prize was reduced was that it had to be taken from the pot of money that goes to those who finish lower down the pecking order. God forbid he can't afford a 'decent holiday' from it (for 4 grand I could take a 6month holiday!!)

The guys is an ass.

Good players can look at a table and know if it's clearable. That's not to say they will clear it, but at the same time they will be able to see a ball that's not going to fit into a 147.

To call it out is one thing, to then dismiss it as immaterial for £4k is just awful.

You know that that 147 took him clear of Stephen Hendry on 10 maximum breaks? The most ever? Did he earn headlines for that commendable accomplishment or for being a spoiled child and complaining it was only a £4k prize? He's not exactly skint is he? The reason the prize was reduced was that it had to be taken from the pot of money that goes to those who finish lower down the pecking order. God forbid he can't afford a 'decent holiday' from it (for 4 grand I could take a 6month holiday!!)

The guys is an ass.

I didnt say he wasnt an ass.

I mean when Cristiano Ronaldo scores one of his free kicks I still go WOW even though he is an arse, taking all the personal feelings away it was a great 147

The guys is an ass.

Sports players become used to bonuses and prizes for great achievements, now if he was to get the 147 break in the world championships he would recieve £147,000 bonus and £10,000 for the highest break, yesterday for his 147 break he will only recieve £4,000 for the competions highest break, if anybody else matches that break he will have to share that £4,000.