Free tickets at Plymouth

Ive been looking again at the free Plymouth tickets from Surf118.

I never did get a confirmation email when I originally applied so have tried again to reserve them.

Not they have changed their rules slightly and to get tickets you have to supply a signed reciept for at least £5 from one of the companies listed on their site.

Anyone from down that area know which of those listed is easiest to get to and back to Surf118 offices before noon on Saturdays?.

http://www.surf118.com/promotion/index.cfm

As I applied in August but didnt get a email confirmation they have agreed to send me two tickets after I telephoned them this morning.

You can still get free tickets but if you have a fresh application you will need the £5 reciept from a local business.

I have been sent these directions by Chip & Sue:

The list given features mainly businesses in the centre of the town, or out in the suburbs.

I'd recommend either the Cider Press or Three Crowns on the Barbican. With the price of beer down here, you'd soon have a fiver's worth of receipts.

As for Langage, it's sprawling industrial estate just outside Ivybridge, which you'll pass on the way into Plymouth on the A38. It's well signposted from there, and about 10 miles from the centre of Plymouth, so you'd have to pass it on the way in, call at the Barbican, then drive back again, and back yet again on the A38 to Home Park. It's a straight run.

If you do want to go to the Barbican, come off at signs for Marsh Mills/Plymouth Centre. There's a large Sainsbury on the left.

Take the left hand road, Embankment road, which runs alongside the river Plym. Be aware of fixed and mobile speed cameras both there, and on the approach to the turn-off at Sainsbury's. Drive along Embankment Road for couple of miles, then take the left turn into the shambles called Gydinya Way (it's down to one lane, and coned off, it's only just reopened after a few months of being closed). There's a slip road on the left that takes you to either Barbican Leisure Park (there's a maximum stay there, be careful), or further along is the multi storey car park. The Barbican is signposted from there.

As you cross the bridge past the National Marine Aquarium, turn right at the Mayflower Steps, pass the Glassworks, carry on past Captain Jaspers, and the Cider Press is on the left of the covered street tables and chairs. You'll see the Three Crowns on the opposite side of the harbour.

If the slip road to the leisure park is closed (which it was the other day), carry on round to the roundabout, stay in the left-hand lane as it filters straight through onto Exeter Street, and take the next left at the lights. Drive along that road past Foot Anstey solicitors, then either turn left for the leisure park facing the pub at the crossroads, or right for the car park.

Coming out again is even more straightforward. Follow signs for Exeter, drive back along Exeter Street, and pick up the A38 from Marsh Mills roundabout. After calling at Surf 118, get back onto the A38, and drive straight along until you see a sign for Manadon/Tavistock/Home Park.

Come off at the slip road, and take the second left down Tavistock Road. Home Park is on the left of the road.