Dead Easy Free Shirt

Stick £250 or more in one of these and get a free Latics shirt (first 250 accounts opened). Simple as that. Open it at the branch in the town centre and you can enjoy a few digs at the branch manager who's a Huddersfield fan!

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...2273509,00.html

Somewhere to stick the season ticket money.

As at 9.45am this morning they'd opened 1 account, so another 249 shirts yet to be claimed!

Stick £250 or more in one of these and get a free Latics shirt (first 250 accounts opened). Simple as that. Open it at the branch in the town centre and you can enjoy a few digs at the branch manager who's a Huddersfield fan!

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...2273509,00.html

Somewhere to stick the season ticket money.

As at 9.45am this morning they'd opened 1 account, so another 249 shirts yet to be claimed!

I registered my interest a couple of weeks ago when they first announced it. Have you heard anything about them sending anything out by email?

What a cr@pola interest rate. Would only use it, if I was desperate for a new latics shirt.

:lol:

It's a market leader for a passbook account!

Bank in the £250. Get the shirt. Buy next season's season ticket with the money left over. Hardly any lost interest!

Edited by opinions4u

What a cr@pola interest rate. Would only use it, if I was desperate for a new latics shirt.

+1 you might as well just bye a shirt using £40 from the £250 you have to open the account with and i bet the club makes more money from the sale of a shirt than the payout they get from your £250 savngs.

+1 you might as well just bye a shirt using £40 from the £250 you have to open the account with and i bet the club makes more money from the sale of a shirt than the payout they get from your £250 savngs.

To be honest, I'd rather lose out on £3-£4 in interest and get a free shirt.

Each to their own though!

Are you kidding? If you buy a shirt out of your £250, you have £210 left. With this deal, you have a shirt and still have £250 earning more interest. It's an instant 16% return.

Are you kidding? If you buy a shirt out of your £250, you have £210 left. With this deal, you have a shirt and still have £250 earning more interest. It's an instant 16% return.

I was thinking more along the lines of what the club get out of the deal but I take your point.

You'll struggle to get 5% anywhere else, so the loss of a maximum of 3.75% on £250 for a full year would cost less than £10, hence it's a decent deal.

Best buy easy access account pays 2.9% at Post Office. Internet only.

If you can be bothered to set it up right apparently the Halifax account where if you pay £1000 in a month they give you £5 is a good one as apparently you only have to pay the money in, you can withdraw the money almost straight away and they still give you £5. So get paid on the Friday (into your Halifax account), and then transfer the money to an account which pays much better interest at the next opportunity via a standing order.

If you can be bothered to set it up right apparently the Halifax account where if you pay £1000 in a month they give you £5 is a good one as apparently you only have to pay the money in, you can withdraw the money almost straight away and they still give you £5. So get paid on the Friday (into your Halifax account), and then transfer the money to an account which pays much better interest at the next opportunity via a standing order.

Got 3 of those :wink: .

I should have said "best easy access savings account pays 2.9%" for clarity.

If your talking about the Ultimate Reward current account it's true they pay £5 into the account for you every month, but they also take £12.50 fees for having that account and giving you the "rewards" e.g. travel insurance etc that go with the account!

If your talking about the Ultimate Reward current account it's true they pay £5 into the account for you every month, but they also take £12.50 fees for having that account and giving you the "rewards" e.g. travel insurance etc that go with the account!

Nah there's another one with no fee, no extras but after a quick scan it might be very tight on the overdraft.

Nah there's another one with no fee, no extras but after a quick scan it might be very tight on the overdraft.

Here's the one without the fee:

http://www.halifax.co.uk/bankaccounts/curr...urrent-account/

If you pay the same £100 in and out of the account 10 times a month you'll qualify for the fiver ... so your overdraft doesn't have to take too much of a hammering.

(This isn't a good account to run an overdraft on though - costs £1 a day)

A bit off topic, but what's the inflation rate in the UK nowadays? Hazy recollections of seeing 3.7% but could be wrong...

Thanks in advance for any answers.

KC

UK inflation jumped in December 2010 with the Consumer Prices Index (CPI) rising to 3.7%, up from 3.3% in November.

Retail Prices Index (RPI) inflation - which includes mortgage interest payments - rose to 4.8% from 4.7%.

• 3 weeks later...