Who's Against a Permanent Move Out of Oldham?

the easiest option looks like redeveloping BP slowly (new lookers, new main stand, new chaddy end) firstly by selling the lancaster club to fund it.

won't happen though because corney reckons it should have been knocked down years ago so i doubt he will be thinking of that and if he does, it won't be his first choice.

BP is a :censored:hole, but it's familiar and it's sad to see it as it is now so if corney finds a way to move the club forward, i can't see it being at BP.

CRAP!!! Chaddy End and Rocdale Rd end rebuilt in 90/91.....no need to do anything yet.

Broadway side..new main stand...with banqueting......nothing fancy......

Also build ina fitness centre with pool and charge £20 a month membership..undercut DW across the way..they have 7000 members at least

I know I am one.... steal 3000 of them.......£720k a year income..plus energy drinks and all the addons.

Mainstand...keep for now or level and build prefab stand ala Rochdale Rd end.....again..nothing fancy.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it? This has been mentioned many times on here over the years but not once I have I heard anyone say they wopudl actually do it.

Because there has been no need to form a phoenix club. The club is still here and hasn't been liquidated. If that was ever to happen people would come forward to sort a new club out.

CRAP!!! Chaddy End and Rocdale Rd end rebuilt in 90/91.....no need to do anything yet.

Also build ina fitness centre with pool and charge £20 a month membership..undercut DW across the way..they have 7000 members at least

I know I am one.... steal 3000 of them.......£720k a year income..plus energy drinks and all the addons.

Mainstand...keep for now or level and build prefab stand ala Rochdale Rd end.....again..nothing fancy.

And where is the money coming from to do this?????

The Chaddy End steelwork was coming to the end of its usable life in 1991, the club had to put seats in so what did they do? They upgraded the roof and recast the concrete, with corrugated plastic sheets to fill in the sides BUT they failed to upgrade most of the steelwork, meaning that it is coming close to not simply the end of its usable life but being condemned. It's the same with the Main Stand, too much timber, crumbling concrete and again some steelwork that is close to the end of its life - along with electrics, drainage and other infrastructure that is not only unsuitable but downright dangerous. The club will do well to gain another safety certificate for either stand and certainly the year after next. The biggest issue is to conform to FL rules you must have three operating areas, so if one or both are closed we're in trouble.

Without selling the land no scheme will happen under the present ownership, that's the crux of it. TTA wanted partnerships on board and a LOT of outside investment to make the Oldham Arena scheme work, the outside agencies through a number of reasons, delays, global crash etc.. withdrew their interest. I would love to stay at BP but unless we find the money to upgrade the facilities or at least refurbish them enough to pass a safety test - issued by Police, Fire Service and Local Authority, then moving or sharing is our only option i'm sad to say...

Edited by oafcprozac