The current crop of players

Given the vast majority of these young players have contracts at Latics Till the season's end. What's the expectation that their respective agents are out there now securing deals for next season?. It will be interesting to hear the party line at the next fans forum from the mastermind behind this good young side. I really fear The mood of Mr Corney has he leaves this function. The other two scarpered to distance themselves from this, so to my mind this was always plan b.

Given the vast majority of these young players have contracts at Latics Till the season's end. What's the expectation that their respective agents are out there now securing deals for next season?. It will be interesting to hear the party line at the next fans forum from the mastermind behind this good young side. I really fear The mood of Mr Corney has he leaves this function. The other two scarpered to distance themselves from this, so to my mind this was always plan b.

Other higher clubs could have snapped up Morais Lags as he was only on a week to week contract...many have seen his outstanding ability, but he chose to sign for the Latics.

This is an indication to me the present crop are happy here and will stay if the managers wants them.

The biggest danger is losing the manager - then it will all fold like a pack of cards.

I agree and Morias is on record as saying he choose Latics because of PD. However the noises coming out of Latics must surely be hitting home with all concerned not just the fans. We are in the play off mix running into the last half of the season and then this bombshell................ We the fans have been here before, negative statement after another and steadilly getting worse. Now it's sorry boys and girls, no football at BP next season, we haven't a clue what to tell you other than that, apart from we are gonna sell the ground, and that's ours!! Even PD as optimistic and full of belief must be wondering.

Edited by Lags

I agree and Morias is on record as saying he choose Latics because of PD. However the noises coming out of Latics must surely be hitting home with all concerned not just the fans. We are in the play off mix running into the last half of the season and then this bombshell................ We the fans have been here before, negative statement after another and steadilly getting worse. Now it's sorry boys and girls, no football at BP next season, we haven't a clue what to tell you other than that, apart from we are gonna sell the ground, and that's ours!! Even PD as optimistic and full of belief must be wondering.

I'd hazard a guess that we're not getting tied into contracts that will leave us vulnerable if the :censored: hits the fan at the end of this season.

I understand that all the new contracts have options depending on which tier of the Football League we're in next season. i guess this really tells us all we need to know.

It's a term that's been used a lot recently but it is quite cleary a case of :censored: or bust!!

I'd hazard a guess that we're not getting tied into contracts that will leave us vulnerable if the :censored: hits the fan at the end of this season.

I understand that all the new contracts have options depending on which tier of the Football League we're in next season. i guess this really tells us all we need to know.

It's a term that's been used a lot recently but it is quite cleary a case of :censored: or bust!!

And to that everyone is agreed. The odd's are not favourable even in 6th.

And to that everyone is agreed. The odd's are not favourable even in 6th.

They'd be favourable in 2nd Lags, still a long way to go and we've still got scope for significant improvement!!

It's turning into a monster of a season in more ways than one, I'm hoping that tomorrow sees the birth of a real promotion push which in turn will go a long way to securing our short term future.