Oldham Athletic - next 7 days in the diary

We start the week tomorrow (Monday 19.45) with the first team game against Tranmere Rovers.

The reserves are in action on Tuesday evening at Turf Moor (19.00) against Burnley. The Clarets are joint top with PNE and Wrexham are just a point behind so a tough game can be expected.

Next Saturday at Noon the youth team play Darlington in the Northern Final of the Youth Alliace Cup. I had been told the game was to be played at Boundary Park but I am now told is is to be at Chapel Road - possibly to cut costs.

The lads gained a 3-3 draw yesterday against Macclesfield Town at Chapel Road. They looked better than of latebut Darlington are a big side full of second year players who are on a four game winning streak. One more problem coach Philiskirk didnt need was the straight red card shown yesrerday to the talented Andrew Crompton. Not sure when his three game ban comes in but he may be unavailable for this game.

Good luck to the lads. They have has a excellent cup campaign, I for one am hopeful they will make the national final against Wycombe or Southend.

I will be doing a teamsheet but will have to lave for Notts. County shortly after the start.

The first team are away at Notts County next Saturday afternoon. KO 15.00.

For the programme collector there is a fair today at the Swallow Hotel, Salmsbury 11.00

Looking just a little further ahead the Youth team play against next Monday 4 April in the semi final of the Lancashire Youth Cup at Tranmere Rovers. The game is at Raby Vale training ground and KO is 14.00.

Edited by Museum de Latique