Come on, get down Latics next Saturday?

I've had a skinfull at a mother's day meal then just watch Dickov's interview on Latics Player and listened to his interview on the BBC - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/o/oldham_athletic/9444709.stm

I love Dickov, in a purely manlove kind of way, obviously. I have never heard a manage talk so much sense as this man does, nothing is ever about him, it is all about the players and the team. Whenever he can praise the team as a whole he does so, he never singles anyone out for abuse or nonsense like that and always praises "the defence" or "the midfield" as a whole. We're 3rd division not Champions League, we're not going to get stellar performances week in week out and no matter that we've not won for 13 games he's kept going and kept the lads going and got the rewards on Saturday.

HE'S not flinched from the challenge or panicked and swapped everything round, he's kept the nucleus of the side together and done what he thinks is the right thing to do to dig us out of the hole we found ourselves in and the football gods shone on him on Saturday as we got the win.

So we've got 6 days before the next game at BP, it's not going to be an easy one, Charlton are a decent side but we can do them. It would be easier to do them with a few more Latics Fanatics in the stands cheering them on. I've just looked at the fixtures and we've only got 3 home games left, these, Walsall & MK Dongs then that's it, B&Q and the Trafford centre beckon as the long summer months arrive. No World cup or Euro to tide us over, gonna be a long boring summer so store stash some football memories in the bank and get to BP to see us play the Addicks, god knows we need the money. Don't go supersize, get off a stop earlier, whatever, 6 days to cobble the cash together to see us play Charlton with a spring in our step after a win. To hear Mouldy Old Dough played loud (depending where you are in the ground) to smell bad aftershave mixed with pies and to see the 11 Blue Shirted Heroes take the hallowed pitch at the bottom of Sheepfoot Lane.

Dickov deserves the fans turning out, we can't yet say "cut in him half and he bleeds blue", well not Royle blue! But by God, give him a decent crack of the whip and we'll be back on the steps of the Civic Centre in Oldham for good reasons not boring planning reasons!

Hardy might have eaten your firstborn, or if your think after 8 years that Corney is out for an easy couple of million, or that Barry might have booked you for X reason, (or pissed you off for 7,8,9 + X reasons) but if you can cobble the money together so that Dickov has a few more fans to wave at when we sing "Dickov, give us a wave" them please do it! And take your place next to that bloke that looks a bit funny (and smells worse!) in the remaining stands we have and take the stress from the working week out by singing your loudest the songs we've sung since the last time we were good.

I've had a skinfull at a mother's day meal then just watch Dickov's interview on Latics Player and listened to his interview on the BBC - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/o/oldham_athletic/9444709.stm

I love Dickov, in a purely manlove kind of way, obviously. I have never heard a manage talk so much sense as this man does, nothing is ever about him, it is all about the players and the team. Whenever he can praise the team as a whole he does so, he never singles anyone out for abuse or nonsense like that and always praises "the defence" or "the midfield" as a whole. We're 3rd division not Champions League, we're not going to get stellar performances week in week out and no matter that we've not won for 13 games he's kept going and kept the lads going and got the rewards on Saturday.

HE'S not flinched from the challenge or panicked and swapped everything round, he's kept the nucleus of the side together and done what he thinks is the right thing to do to dig us out of the hole we found ourselves in and the football gods shone on him on Saturday as we got the win.

So we've got 6 days before the next game at BP, it's not going to be an easy one, Charlton are a decent side but we can do them. It would be easier to do them with a few more Latics Fanatics in the stands cheering them on. I've just looked at the fixtures and we've only got 3 home games left, these, Walsall & MK Dongs then that's it, B&Q and the Trafford centre beckon as the long summer months arrive. No World cup or Euro to tide us over, gonna be a long boring summer so store stash some football memories in the bank and get to BP to see us play the Addicks, god knows we need the money. Don't go supersize, get off a stop earlier, whatever, 6 days to cobble the cash together to see us play Charlton with a spring in our step after a win. To hear Mouldy Old Dough played loud (depending where you are in the ground) to smell bad aftershave mixed with pies and to see the 11 Blue Shirted Heroes take the hallowed pitch at the bottom of Sheepfoot Lane.

Dickov deserves the fans turning out, we can't yet say "cut in him half and he bleeds blue", well not Royle blue! But by God, give him a decent crack of the whip and we'll be back on the steps of the Civic Centre in Oldham for good reasons not boring planning reasons!

Hardy might have eaten your firstborn, or if your think after 8 years that Corney is out for an easy couple of million, or that Barry might have booked you for X reason, (or pissed you off for 7,8,9 + X reasons) but if you can cobble the money together so that Dickov has a few more fans to wave at when we sing "Dickov, give us a wave" them please do it! And take your place next to that bloke that looks a bit funny (and smells worse!) in the remaining stands we have and take the stress from the working week out by singing your loudest the songs we've sung since the last time we were good.

fantastic read mate...with you all the way

not bad at all being half caked as well

:applause1:

To quote D.H. lawrence:

Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you've got to say, and say it hot.

Keep Oldham in my heart, keep me Latics,

Keep Oldham in my heart, I pray,

Keep Oldham in my heart, keep me Latics,

Keep me Latics 'til my dying day.

:chubb: