The Evolution has begun

Evolution  

237 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new badge?

• Love it
    • Like it
    • Indifferent
    • Dislike it
    • Hate it
  2. 2. Wat do you think of the new black kit

• Love it
    • Like it
    • Indifferent
    • Dislike it
    • Hate it
  3. 3. What do you think about moving from Keep the Faith to We Are Latics

• Love it
    • Like it
    • Indifferent
    • Dislike it
    • Hate it
  4. 4. Overall, does this help start a new era for Latics

• Yes, its an important start
    • Yes, but the stadum is more important
    • Neutral
    • No, it's purely cosmetic
    • No, the stadium is far more important, this is a waste fo time

With just about 200 votes in, the rating is thus so far:

................Satisfied.......Dissatisfied

New Badge.......44..............30

New black kit....74...............7

We are Latics...52..............21

New Era...........45..............46

Edited by singe

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the badge and the new kit. I know there are people saying that the stadium situation is more important etc.

Think of it simply. As a business man (in this scenario Corney) would you choose to start an 'evolution' and saying its a fresh start/new dawn if you knew you're business/company (OAFC) had nothing in the pipeline and was on its way down the crapper? Answer is - no.

The evolution thing came in few weeks/months after the joke of the charity land swap from the council and that the club had meetings with the council.

To me it all looks like Corney has FINALLY got the council where he wants them and that land has been agreed on, contractors being contacted etc and once the elections are out of the way...the evolution will continue to better things.

The kit is the first step of it. It's annoying how so many people dont understand the word EVOLUTION...its not one thing, its a series of things, such as the change from apes to humans. An ape suddenly didn't give birth to a human...it gradually happened over time.

I like the badge and the new kit. I know there are people saying that the stadium situation is more important etc.

Think of it simply. As a business man (in this scenario Corney) would you choose to start an 'evolution' and saying its a fresh start/new dawn if you knew you're business/company (OAFC) had nothing in the pipeline and was on its way down the crapper? Answer is - no.

The evolution thing came in few weeks/months after the joke of the charity land swap from the council and that the club had meetings with the council.

To me it all looks like Corney has FINALLY got the council where he wants them and that land has been agreed on, contractors being contacted etc and once the elections are out of the way...the evolution will continue to better things.

The kit is the first step of it. It's annoying how so many people dont understand the word EVOLUTION...its not one thing, its a series of things, such as the change from apes to humans. An ape suddenly didn't give birth to a human...it gradually happened over time.

+1

Have never been a big fan of the existing badge. I much preferred the old badge as on the 1969-70 season Tangerine shirt and 1973-74 blue shirt. Felt at the time that the change lost us our identity, but the subsequent success of the Royle era created a new identity for the club and in time the badge became accepted. Strange how a new generation now have the thoughts I had in my early 20's. Hope this new evolution leads to similar successes.

You have to start somewhere.

I prefer the new badge to the current one, but overall still prefer the 70's badge of the Owl sitting on a ball.

What he said about the old badge. I'd have like to see a new design with the Owl landing on a ball - talons sharpened. A modern version of the design on the old Boundary Bulletins.

That's no way to talk about your mother