FA RESPOND TO QPR REPORT

What they will need to do is identify why the West Ham (Tevez) case is different.

If I understand correctly, West Ham were forced to pay a massive sum to Sheffield United as compensation for surviving at the Blades' expense. That ruling (Court of Arbitration?) effectively said "it should have been a points deduction but we're a couple of years on now so money is the only solution".

If QPR are guilty, fans of other teams need to understand the mitigation that justifies no points deduction. The report doesn't explain anything, it just provides certainty ahead of the season end - which is the right thing to do.

But there's a significant feeling of "The FA have bottled it - again". I do wonder if London clubs get a little bit of unintended generosity from those who run the game.

I suspect Warnock's relieved. After all, he is on record as stating that points should have been deducted in the Tevez case.