Latics Canvas

Hi all, i have recently purchased a printer that can print posters and canvases, I have been looking around latics website and there are a few various printing options but including canvas, however they are quite expensive, Also they dont have older pics eg roger palmer, stitch, henry, halle,etc etc, I was wondering what the demand would be like for latics canvases on here that i could print and frame, would be cheaper than latics and i would give a percentage of what i make to playershare, any suggestions let me know cheers

Cheers rob, I have looked on latics website and they have them but i caould do them cheaper by quite abit, now either latics are being overcharged or they are making a decent amount on them. I would vary the percentage depending on size, because i make near enough nothing off an a4 one, I have a contract with a ice hockey team in blackburn so i am looking for more work, will drop alan an email though, cheers

What I would do is find out if they are making a good profit or being over charged, if being over charged make them a better offer.

If they're making a profit, suggest to them to lower their prices.

At the end of the day you're going to make more money if you have them on board being the offical supplier sounds much better and would be better for the club.

Also think about getting adverts in the programmes, if latics fans know about what you can offer they're more likely to buy your stuff.

Get yourself a website if you're planning on making into a business, if you need help with that side of things message me as I'm possibly going to kick start off my own web development company.

Anoother thing you could look into not sure if they have them in oldham or rochdale, but have them in Manchester and Leeds stall in shopping centres that sell canvas prints or do them within 1 hour for you to pick up.

• 3 weeks later...

How did you resolve the legal issue of who owns the copyright?

As someone who's had my work stolen from me I'm not comfortable with this post staying up unless you can show me that you own the images you're printing.

The photos we print are of peoples children, pets etc etc they give us the rights to print once they give us the photo, we are not going to illegally copy photos and will pay for the copyright to the photos if needed, we are also in discussions with alan hardy and latics and have a meeting schedueled, hope this is ok ackey?

That's fine mate - happy to support a plan which helps fund Playershare.

Just need to ensure that you're not promoting something which illegally prints the work of the Latics cameramen - many of whome are only paid for the minimal use their photo's get in the Official media.