One left foot?

So, assuming a team was inclined to select them; could a person with a false arm or more pertinently a false foot play Professional football in England?

Go!

Well first thing that comes to mind, in this day and age of health and safety, is a false foot is going to cause some serious injuries! On the other hand, in this time of non-discrimination, if a player with a false foot was excluded there would be an uproar! Personally I don't see a problem!

Well first thing that comes to mind, in this day and age of health and safety, is a false foot is going to cause some serious injuries! On the other hand, in this time of non-discrimination, if a player with a false foot was excluded there would be an uproar! Personally I don't see a problem!

Wasn't there a sprinter with a prosthetic foot who had the ability to run with the able bodied runners but was excluded because it was deemd to give him an unfair advantage! WHat was his name? Having said that, athletics is a non-contact sport so chances of injury by the prosthesis is almost zero.

Wasn't there a sprinter with a prosthetic foot who had the ability to run with the able bodied runners but was excluded because it was deemd to give him an unfair advantage! WHat was his name? Having said that, athletics is a non-contact sport so chances of injury by the prosthesis is almost zero.

do you mean the blade runner?

i think he's called Oscar Pistorus or something like that

The blade runner may well be at 2012. As harsh as it may seem i wouldnt allow it. The olympics is about the finest physical specimens on the planet. If he can use energy storing springs to compensate for his leglessness why shouldnt someone else take steroids to help them with the weaker muscles they were born with?

So, assuming a team was inclined to select them; could a person with a false arm or more pertinently a false foot play Professional football in England?

Go!

Could a goalkeeper with a prosthesis literally throw up his hand to stop a ball bound for the top corner??? :)

Not sure of how this is recognised (if at all) in the rules.

A bit off topic but I've always wondered, if a player had a massive afro and managed to catch the ball in his hair then ran the length of the pitch into the oppo's goal, would it stand?

It should do cos that would be :censored:in hilarious. You'd get some crazy defender nuttin him trying to get the ball