McDonalds Rochdale

Yard Dog

• 2 weeks later...

Mcd’s are actually doing quite well out of the recession due to the fact they are cheap. They are probably one of the few employers who have taken on staff. However, they are also good at making sure costs are kept low and it is normal for them to get rid of the less profitable town centre sites when their leases come up.

Quite a number of stores in greater Manchester are not actually run by Mcdonalds any more but are franchises run by ex managers.

Mcds are actually doing quite well out of the recession due to the fact they are cheap. They are probably one of the few employers who have taken on staff. However, they are also good at making sure costs are kept low and it is normal for them to get rid of the less profitable town centre sites when their leases come up.

Quite a number of stores in greater Manchester are not actually run by Mcdonalds any more but are franchises run by ex managers.

I did look in to McDonalds' franchise a few years ago.

The requirement to work for them for 9 months unpaid to get to know the business put me off. The margins beyond that looked quite attractive, but you are completely exposed to the whims of those in charge of the brand so was a high risk enterprise for a nobody like me. And I didn't have the cash!

Subway would be much easier to get in to.

Edited by opinions4u