the ironic thing about our supporters

is that they are nowhere to be seen in the bad times but will always come out in force to milk the successful times/days out.

I have said this a while back, but IF...IF we can win our games in hand my (in my opinion) 30-70 odds of us getting sixth spot will be well in sight.

The mood will suddenly go from 'Dickov out', ':censored: team :censored: ground' to 'always backed dickov', 'always knew we were building a decent team'.

These fans should be here in the most part now, given the fact that we aren't unrealisitically short of getting 6th PROVIDED we win those games in hand - i know in my heart of hearts its unlikely but it is not implausible. As soon as chesterfield JPT was thrown away the target was (or should be) 6th spot.

Granted we aren't playing like a top 6 team but if we can somehow grind out a few consecutive wins sheff utd game aside, the mentality all of a sudden amazingly becomes positive.

We have the players i think - if furman gets back involved (medical timescales on a medial ligament injury is 8 weeks so he has another 3 to go on that basis since hudds)we have a decent little squad.

If Carlisle and Stevenage is the benchmark for 6th then we have got to be positive as a squad and without being biased see ourselves as better than them.

Our last game is at home v Carlisle - could be a nail-biter...........

We've won two consecutive home league games for only the second time this season.

We've played poorly in both games (as a team - I couldn't say any individual had a poor game, just the way it gelled was awkward).

If only we could get the sum of the parts to deliver just a little bit more.

Let's not get carried away though - other than MK Dons we haven't beaten anybody good this season!

We've won two consecutive home league games for only the second time this season.

We've played poorly in both games (as a team - I couldn't say any individual had a poor game, just the way it gelled was awkward)

That's the frustrating thing this season, obviously a wins a win but you just want to batter someone. Once we got that goal today I thought "right we might get another 2 in now" but it just never seems to happen. You leave feeling slightly aggrieved even with the 3 points. Tranmere were poor today and we should of capitalised on that tbh.

Edited by Schlieb

We've played poorly in both games (as a team - I couldn't say any individual had a poor game, just the way it gelled was awkward).

That's got to come down to us being without Furman AND Wes. Both played huge parts in our better performances.

That's got to come down to us being without Furman AND Wes. Both played huge parts in our better performances.

I'd say so.

But that's not to say Winchester had a poor game. He was reasonably composed. Like Adeyemi, just not quite as involved as Furman or Wesolowski.

I'd stick with that partnership in the middle (in the absence of any better alternative) and let it grow.

Although Adeyemi's loan ends around the 10th March (from memory).

is that they are nowhere to be seen in the bad times but will always come out in force to milk the successful times/days out.

I have said this a while back, but IF...IF we can win our games in hand my (in my opinion) 30-70 odds of us getting sixth spot will be well in sight.

The mood will suddenly go from 'Dickov out', ':censored: team :censored: ground' to 'always backed dickov', 'always knew we were building a decent team'.

Very true - this mood was non-existent when trips to Anfield and Wembley was on the cards. I find the turn in attitude of some of our quite strange.

That said, cr@p ground or not and nothing to play for or not, a turn out of less than 3,300 home fans turning out is pretty dire.

However, having a season ticket for the first time, I think I've noticed another reason why people stay away - the absolute predictability of our games. People want a bit if drama and excitement, but that's generally not forthcoming. Games usually consist of us starting like a house on fire for the first 15 minutes, an hour of dross and then 15 minutes of trying to grind out/hang on to a result.

Yesterday's game was pretty dire, despite the result. As O4U says, no individuals play particularly badly, but something's not quite right with the team. Tranmere and Walsall were two of the worst teams I think I've ever seen and we should have battered them both (we certainly have the talent) but for some reason we don't. Dickov's trying to do the right thing and I think when it all clicks a play-off shout is not beyond the realms of possibility. I think we just lack a bit of variety on the way we approach games.