Golden Ticket

Think on a personal level this has been a success.

For the last two years I stopped buying a ST, started picking and choosing my games due to money and the enjoyment factor. I found myself picking and choosing less and less games until it came to a point this season where I would really only attend with offers, borrowed ST's, or occasional Cat C games.

However I took up the golden ticket, and watched all 3 games so far. This led to me going Rochdale. With performances pretty dire, I dont know how but it's got me hooked again, I shall therefore be attending the remaining home games and most certainly Bury away.

So well done Mr Corney, just goes to show, initiatives like this DO work, if not for everyone but can only gain fans returning.

The £2 games at the end of the 2006 signed me up to the subsequent years of disappointment.

Season ticket ever since and will renew next season.

Anybody thinking of going on Saturday - remember it's still 2 games for £15 so worth buying one.

I do think a flexible 10 match ticket for £150 would bring in more revenue than giving people the chance to drift away for good.

Edited by opinions4u

For the last two years I stopped buying a ST, started picking and choosing my games due to money and the enjoyment factor. I found myself picking and choosing less and less games until it came to a point this season where I would really only attend with offers, borrowed ST's, or occasional Cat C games.

However I took up the golden ticket, and watched all 3 games so far. This led to me going Rochdale. With performances pretty dire, I dont know how but it's got me hooked again, I shall therefore be attending the remaining home games and most certainly Bury away.

So well done Mr Corney, just goes to show, initiatives like this DO work, if not for everyone but can only gain fans returning.

This is great but I suspect you're in a minority.

I get the impression (just from listening to fans' comments at games) that a lot of stayaways taking up the Golden Ticket offer feel vindicated in being stayaways!

2 wins from the next 2 home games will go along way to change that though.

Edited by bossrocks

Unfortunately the deal coincided with our worse set of results of the season and so i'll be amazed if it bears any significant fruit.

We desperately need to win the remaining two home games and then hope we have persuaded some to give us another chance.

Have to say i'm the same, I very rarely miss a game. But the last two seasons as they draw to a close at christmas and the players seem to give up on achieving anything then i do the same.

There really needs to be some decent offers on season tickets to encourage people to buy them. I personally don't see the point, you will end up paying the same amount over the season with or without season tickets. The only reason to have a season ticket is to help the club and first dibs on tickets if we are lucky and get a decent cup draw. Season tickets at Blackburn are always around £100 cheaper than at latics. Bloke at work gets his season tickets and his two kids for £300ish.

Reward your loyal supporters rather than trying to be a charity case.

Everyone wants the best for the club and gives when they can but i think its shoved down your throat so much that you begin to think you are little more than cash income for the club, when fans matter a lot more

Edited by cmr