Hall of Fame

I know I'm a sad man but I was just reading about the St Mirren Hall of Fame (well I do live up here!) and I was wondering why we don't have an official one, or do we?

It seems to be a great way to honour top players from the past and would definitely generate some interest amongst our fans, of all ages.

There might even be some associated commercial spin off for the club, t shirts of the inductees, badges, team photos of the first 11 inductees etc

The criteria for any inductees into the St Mirren is as follows:

Hall of Fame

The St Mirren Hall of Fame was started in 2004 with Tony Fitzpatrick, Ricky Gillies, Campbell Money and Hugh Murray as first inductees.

Membership is by invitation and players are eligible for the honour if they have played in over 200 matches for the club or played a significant part during an important period of the clubs history.

What do you think?

Please, even if you think its a terrible idea don't bury me under a wave of apathy, I'm feeling a little fragile from an Oldham Athletic perspective at present (as indeed we all are probably).

Whilst I'm on the subject of the St Mirren Hall of Fame, it might be of interest to some to know that ex-Latic Tommy Bryceland was inducted in May 2007 on the strength of scoring 69 goals overall for St Mirren and for helping them to win the Scottish Cup in 1959. A top midfielder North and South of the border.

Edited by ronnieblair