Picture Quiz

Diego_Sideburns

Is it Minehead? We won 4-0 shortly after the Great Escape???

CORRECT! Well done - no prize, but a feather in your cap. :applause1:

Sunday 9th August 1992 kick-off 5.30pm. We won 4-0, but it was before the start of the season which ended with the Great Escape. The game in which Neil Tolson scored his debut goal. It was in aid of the Chris Garland Testimonial Fund and was sponsored by Butlin's Somerwest World. We played at Walsall the day before, when the team arrived late - held up on the M6.

CORRECT! Well done - no prize, but a feather in your cap. :applause1:

Sunday 9th August 1992 kick-off 5.30pm. We won 4-0, but it was before the start of the season which ended with the Great Escape. The game in which Neil Tolson scored his debut goal. It was in aid of the Chris Garland Testimonial Fund and was sponsored by Butlin's Somerwest World. We played at Walsall the day before, when the team arrived late - held up on the M6.

Yep, thought it was, the kit gave it away and for some reason the answer just popped in there! Christ i'm an anorak!!!! Oh and Olney scored 2!!!!! We lost 2-1 at Walsall the day before.......and same pre-season Nick Henry scored from the half-way line at Prenton Park, a better goal than the one at Stamford Bridge imo!

We lost 2-1 at Walsall the day before.......and same pre-season Nick Henry scored from the half-way line at Prenton Park, a better goal than the one at Stamford Bridge imo!

We drew 2-2 at Prenton Park, drew 1-1 at Hull, lost 4-2 at Stockport in heavy rain (where we were treated to an entire Alison Moyet album on the P.A.) and drew at Halifax 1-1. So Minehead was the only pre-season victory.

Then we opened the season with a 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge, with that long-range equaliser from Nick Henry, courtesy of a Dave Bessant miskick, and you're right, Henry's goal at Tranmere was better.

We drew 2-2 at Prenton Park, drew 1-1 at Hull, lost 4-2 at Stockport in heavy rain (where we were treated to an entire Alison Moyet album on the P.A.) and drew at Halifax 1-1. So Minehead was the only pre-season victory.

We went to a football exhibition at the NEC on the way to Tranmere. You could take penalties at a professional keeper - the name escapes me - I think he was from Ipswich.

Diego's penalty was the stuffiest effort I have ever seen. It was heading straight at the keeper until it hit the mat which was laid out in front of the goal for the keeper to dive on and bobbled over him and into the net! An unbelievable fluke!

We went to a football exhibition at the NEC on the way to Tranmere. You could take penalties at a professional keeper - the name escapes me - I think he was from Ipswich.

Diego's penalty was the stuffiest effort I have ever seen. It was heading straight at the keeper until it hit the mat which was laid out in front of the goal for the keeper to dive on and bobbled over him and into the net! An unbelievable fluke!

The keeper was Canadian international Craig Forrest. :Canada:

The camera doesn’t lie. The first penalty placed perfectly to loop over the keeper off his safety mat. :grin:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/208/5138824...7bca88c.jpg?v=0

The second penalty placed out of his reach in the corner. :applause1:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/227/5138824...ecc4c6c.jpg?v=0

It would be unfair of me to show oafc_ok’s two missed pens! :devilish: