Dickov's transfer activity

Can someone help me because I'm struggling to understand his ideology. We let go a lot of players last season and losing Kuqi left us with one genuine first team striker in Simpson. Obviously money was going to be an issue this season so why the hell sign players like Taylor who he admitted was a signing for the future and Brown. Our budget means we don't have the luxury of signing players that might or indeed might not be good in afew years. He needed to sign players that can do a job now. Yet even when we are playing poorly he still won't play them. He either likes Taylor or he doesn't. Same with Smith. Hes wasted what little budget we had on glorified bench warmers and now we are left with no options and no competition for places. It's so frustrating.

... And another thing, he said this week don't panic and judge us after 10 games. Ok fine so when we're bottom with barely a goal to our name and the transfer window in shut what then? Ok rant over.

That judge me after 10 games is gonna cone back to bite him me thinks

Can someone help me because I'm struggling to understand his ideology. We let go a lot of players last season and losing Kuqi left us with one genuine first team striker in Simpson. Obviously money was going to be an issue this season so why the hell sign players like Taylor who he admitted was a signing for the future and Brown. Our budget means we don't have the luxury of signing players that might or indeed might not be good in afew years. He needed to sign players that can do a job now. Yet even when we are playing poorly he still won't play them. He either likes Taylor or he doesn't. Same with Smith. Hes wasted what little budget we had on glorified bench warmers and now we are left with no options and no competition for places. It's so frustrating.

Simpson, a "genuine first team striker"?

Pretty sure he's a midfielder. It was quite clear today that he is no striker.

Edited by NewBlue

Obviously money was going to be an issue this season so why the hell sign players like Taylor who he admitted was a signing for the future and Brown. Our budget means we don't have the luxury of signing players that might or indeed might not be good in afew years. He needed to sign players that can do a job now.

Am not going to defend every signing or Dickov not playing those he has signed, because it does confuse me. But if the budget is limited enough to only afford gambling on youngsters, why would it stretch to signing ready made proven players? They'll be even more pricy.

But thats the point regardless of money hes signed players and he's reluctant to play them. Might as well just use the kids we already had in the reserves save some money. Yeah we're struggling financially but surely our budget isn't any worse than the likes of bury and yeovil. At least they seem competitive and can score afew goals.