Dear Liverpool supporters

I've been giving my Liverpool-supporting colleague a proper load of :censored: along those lines. I've really enjoyed it, but said I'd leave it after one week.

He was first call at work today, meaning he'd get called in only if someone went sick - and meaning I got only four days at him rather than the five I promised. I got my mate Bernard from admin to phone him at 9 am.

"Eugene it's Bernard from the office,"

- at which point Eugene's thinking oh bollocks -

"I've got some bad news for you..."

- at which point Eugene's thinking 'The fact you're phoning me is bad news' -

"Your team got beat 3-2 by Oldham on Sunday."

I'd be more inclined to take the piss out of the fact he's called Eugene more than anything else...

On a side note, one of our Y6's is a Liverpool fan and so are his parents! So, I've been giving him grief all week about it and even wrote a note home in his reading planner saying : Dear Mr/Mrs (surname) : Luke has moved up a reading level. Can you please read these next set of books with him. Many Thanks, Mr Harwood. P.S : How did Liverpool get on at the weekend?

I'll see how it went down when I get back on Monday, and if I still have a job!

Otid, I posted your post on The Shamrock Rovers Fans' Forum, where there is much support for Latics.

I quote from one reply:

The Oldham Hoops are great people and I enjoy reading the contributions of our contingent from that cold part of Northern England especially when they talk of football's ability to break down barriers amongst supporters from different cultural backgrounds.
:grin: