Quick Vote required.....Mancini v Wenger

Mancini v Wenger  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Mancini v Wenger - Who's the better manager?

I'm just in the middle of a debate with some City fans.

Some are saying Mancini is better, some Wenger.

So, taking man-management, style of football, personality, scouting ability, eye for a bargain, youth development and everything else into consideration, who do you consider to be the better manager right now?

In other words, if Oldham just got taken over, with excessive funds and only one of these managers could be chosen, who would you pick?

As quick as possible please........

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just in the middle of a debate with some City fans.

Some are saying Mancini is better, some Wenger.

So, taking man-management, style of football, personality, scouting ability, eye for a bargain, youth development and everything else into consideration, who do you consider to be the better manager right now?

In other words, if Oldham just got taken over, with excessive funds and only one of these managers could be chosen, who would you pick?

As quick as possible please........

I wouldn't want either.

City won the league last year thanks to having a much better squad than anyone else and united imploding - not due to the manager.

Wenger is past it. He is forever looking for a bargain. In 97 when he arrived here he revolutionised the English game. Training methods especially.

Scouting wise he was well ahead of anyone in world football. He was the first to recognise that you could get a kid from abroad cheaper and mould them. Now - everyone else is doing it, his party piece has gone and he hasn't moved forward.

On the basis that Mancini is younger and could improve where as I can't see Wenger doing anything other than losing it further I will say Mancini gets my vote..... just

Edited by pukka

difficult as one is just starting out relative to the other so they're at different stages but some of the man management from Mancini baffles me a little (the whole Tevez affair was handled terribly for me, as was Balotelli). He seems a bit of a hot head to me, acts before he thinks sometimes and doesn't always make the best decisions. I'd be interested to see how much Wenger has spent over all at Arsenal in terms of NET spend when considering players sold as well compared to Mancini at City. My point being that Wenger has bought well and subsidised by selling players for a profit. The successful squads he assembled were superb and some of the players he has brought to the premier league relative to their cost have been brilliant. Yes, they haven't been successful for a while but really, the only 3 clubs above them (baring Spurs who are going to/have already overtaken them I reckon) United, City and Chelsea have a much greater financial backing so competing on Arsenal's budget is tough. Wenger does make some strange decisions, especially with his signings of defenders because, besides Vermalen, I don't think he's brought in a top4 standard defender or keeper for a while which has been a mistake. They both have their positives and negatives but for me I'd go for Wenger, JUST!