We are simply the laughing stock of football

Guest nonaenever

It was that, Yorkies or Canadians.

Whilst away at Xmas on a AI (not Artificial Intelligence) basis there were some Canadians who sat around a large table doing a massive Crossword after the evening meal-barely touched a drop. I will never understand Canadians. Meanwhile the Yorkies drank the bar dry until about 3 in the morning.

I didnt really like either but for some strange reason knocked around with the Yorkies for 14 nights. Southerners though-no way!

Whilst away at Xmas on a AI (not Artificial Intelligence) basis there were some Canadians who sat around a large table doing a massive Crossword after the evening meal-barely touched a drop. I will never understand Canadians. Meanwhile the Yorkies drank the bar dry until about 3 in the morning.

I didnt really like either but for some strange reason knocked around with the Yorkies for 14 nights. Southerners though-no way!

The Yorkies were Rotherham fans and mob-handed, and quite awful. Cocks of the North, they kept shouting, I think. Yes, yes you are.

Ended up befriending a couple from Colchester, a couple from Crawley, a couple from Vancouver old enough to be our parents, and a Dutch couple (who hate the Dutch). We also were besieged by a horrific couple from Nottingham who thought that head butting someone in a pool because they were whining about not being splashed, and threatening to kill their neighbours were funny anecdotes.

I think the point that we are not a laughing stock because nobody cares / knows is true. I know a reasonable number of lower league football fans (working and living in Yorkshire - a county bereft of any decent teams) and they don't follow others teams fortunes that closely, especially in the closed season.

However, if we get to the start of pre-season and we are still without a manager and players, then I can see that being reported more widely and then some laughter.

Guest nonaenever

But going back God knows how far you the first page, sorry nonaynever, I wasn't being sarcastic. I just wondered how many people you'd spoken to and got the response you mentioned.

Cheers - and my apologies too for my "quick retort" - I`d had a bad week - and coming home to read all about Latics' current plight just made it worse !