League Tables 06.08.2016

First game of the new season sees Carl Waters lead the Premier League. Nothing is won in August, though, so a long way to go yet. No one repeated HarryBosch's 20 point attendance prediction on the opening day of last season. In fact, there were no attendance points scored at all.

In the Champioship, dave_ragg1984, GlossopLatic, Hometownclub and Oafc1895 all got off to a flyer. Again, there were no attendance points. A big welcome to the 8 newcomers and those who have come over from the dark side of the now defunct Free-to-Play League. For reasons best known to themselves, BJBlue didn't enter a prediction and josh_latics decided that Clarke would score for Latics in 0-2 defeat, so he loses the points he would have scored. See here: For the avoidance of doubt, players cannot predict Latics to score in their result prediction and 'no scorer' in their scorer prediction for the same fixture. Likewise, players cannot predict that Latics will not score and name a first scorer. Nor can players predict a half-time score which does not align with the full time score (e.g. Latics to be 1-0 up at half-time and Latics to lose 1-0). Each full prediction should be fully-formed and be a possible outcome of the match. Any predictions submitted which are contrary to this rule will be discounted.

For those new to this lark, your predictions are transferred on to the blue table below so, if you think I've got your predictions wrong, please PM me.

The attendance and places +/- figures kick in with the next game. And, no, I don't always manage to post the tables on the same night as the match.

Premier League

HBxpbzD.jpg?2

lFCAGKk.jpg?2

Championship

pM1GMe5.jpg?2

C7SWMjT.jpg?2

Edit: Table amended as per my post below.

Edited by Stevie_J

Yesterday was not a good day for Latics and, as it turned out, not a great day for me as far as the Prediction League table went.

I still gave points to josh_latics, even though he predicted a scorer in a 2-0 defeat. The rules state that the prediction must show a correct outcome of the match, so his prediction is null and void.

It may seem harsh, but it makes it difficult to apply the rules later if we don't do it now. So, my apologies to josh_latics, but I hold my hands up.

I'll amend the table fairly soon when I get back to my laptop as I can't do it now on my phone.

I will now stand in the corner, facing the wall with my dunce's hat on.

Edit: Table amended above, complete with a more full explanation. The only excuse I have is that it was fairly late at night and I'd probably had one :drinking45: too many. I had two!

Edited by Bristolatic