The entertainers

After the last 2 seasons where watching Latics was an attritional experience, its nice to see us return to the kind of form that made us so popular with our own and other supporters all those years ago under Joe Royle.

Last season we managed just 31 league goals (I think the lowest goals total by a team not being relegated in the history of the football league) and in total watching Oldham home and away would have seen a total of 75 goals across the 46 games.  That was a pitiful 0.67 Latics goals per game, and only 1.63 total goals per game.  The season before we only managed 44 goals, less than a goal a game and the second lowest in Division 1.

Only 14 league games into the season and we are at 23 goals scored, and 54 in total (at 1.64 and 3.85 goals per game respectively) and its joyous to watch. Of course it would be better to curb the goals against, but you cannot argue with the entertainment.

Indeed so.I actually look forwards to each game rather than going out of blind loyalty.The past years have been largely dire with pathetic strikers  and boring dull football to which on occasions I have actually fallen asleep..As well as crap strikers some of which could not score in a brothel we have had midfielders who player crab football.

It's like a breath of fresh air now we are playing attacking football up the pitch.Just hope we can maintain this.

12 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

It's been a lot longer than two seasons.

True.  But the last 2 have felt particularly bad - goals for poor and even when we won under Shez it was ground out hard victories rather than entertainment.

In the times we have been in this league I have genuinely enjoyed our football on a few occasions:

Sherdian first time round

Dickov at the start (remember the GalacDickovs!)

Johnson’s second season

Wellens