Oldham Punks!

diggle

Next gig is on the 22nd of November @ Jackson's Pit. £2 Entry 3 Punk Bands and Punk DJ.

The Fractions:

Fast punk ska with trumpets, trombones and loud guitars - the full works! myspace.com/thefractions

Flat Back Four:

Hardcore punky metal boys from Manchester who also like a bit of football! myspace.com/flatbackfour

Another band to be confirmed over the weekend as well.

jacksons.jpg

Anyone fancy this then?

Edited by diggle

Next gig is on the 22nd of November @ Jackson's Pit. £2 Entry 3 Punk Bands and Punk DJ.

The Fractions:

Fast punk ska with trumpets, trombones and loud guitars - the full works! myspace.com/thefractions

Flat Back Four:

Hardcore punky metal boys from Manchester who also like a bit of football! myspace.com/flatbackfour

Another band to be confirmed over the weekend as well.

jacksons.jpg

Anyone fancy this then?

Now added:

Flat Caps and Boddingtons

Acoustic Punk myspace.com/flatcapsandboddingtonsofficial

Laters!

Guest sheridans_world

Cool the Fractions, i know all of them, went to my school.

Edit: Saying that, its nothing like the original line-up four years ago. One has gone to new Zealand, one has left the band. I know two or three of them now i think...

quote name='sheridans_world' date='Nov 20 2007, 13:14 PM' post='70095']

Cool the Fractions, i know all of them, went to my school.

Edit: Saying that, its nothing like the original line-up four years ago. One has gone to new Zealand, one has left the band. I know two or three of them now i think...

[/quot]

Are they not young uns then or is that a rash assumption!

I'm sure I've seen St.Helens legends Flat Back Four somewhere, anyway here they are...

I've got that Psalm 23 single n'all, decent...

And who can forget the Thatto Heath Song - "MY MUMS A PROSTITUTE, NA NA-NA, NA-NAAA!" lol :grin:

Havent got bloomin youtube - DARN! Will get to see em live on firsday though anyroad!

Havent got bloomin youtube - DARN! Will get to see em live on firsday though anyroad!

cheers for the interest lads. hoping this punk night is gonna take off and i can start to put some big names on for us oldham punks as well as good up and coming bands.

see you tomorrow night. get there for 8.30 so you don't miss anything!

Psalm 23 by Flat Back Four is track 14 on the SLit compilation CD that again will be free tonight (while stocks last) for you lucky buggers! see you laters!

I like the word 'free' - like in the late 80's I was scratchin around for my free nelson mandela but could i get hold of one - NO!!!

The Fractions - fast energetic ska-punk - young lads - very talented - excellent.

Flat Back Four - real quality - hard to describe - a mixture of US Punk/Hardcore and Oi - funny, fast and in yer face - surprise

how good they were!

Flat Caps & Boddingtons - Irish Folk/Punk - not my cup of tea but they were alright.

All in all a brill gig - good mixture, shame about the turnout - got to try and build this up so we can get regular punk nights back in Owdum and may lead to bigger bands but the 2 gigs I have been to have been highly enjoyable.

Keep it going Diggle, I'd be gutted if it falls flat on it's ass!