The "I was there" thread

Wasnt there due to family commitments but am sooo chuffed we finally got our proposal accepted. I agree with everyone re Diego steering us in the right direction, sent a few mails to these councillors and got quite encouraging responses from them. I wouldnt have had a clue who to write to otherwise so ta mucker! TTA ARE OAFC no matter what happens in the future they are as important to our history as any of the legends that have represented our beloved club before. A tribute should defo be made to these saints of Owdum definitely!

Diego - it was a privilege to be there with you. We all owe you a great debt of gratitude, for all the tireless hard work you put into this.

You have encouraged us, chivvied us, pilloried us, castigated us, egged us on, told us what to say and who to say it to, given us your expert advice … and all the time you have kept commenting on the football – which is what it’s all about for most of us.

Thank you a million times for your labour, for your persistence, especially when it seemed so few were responding (and we need to ask some hard questions about that further down the tracks), for your good humour and your wise advice.

I hope you see tonight as a great reward for all you have done.

Thanks Diego on behalf of us all.

:cardinal:

I totally agree with all this, D_S is a Latics legend up there with your Palmer's and Ritchie's now! (and it was nice to introduce myself to you at the end of the meeting). Candidate for LOTW anyone? And to add thanks to all those responsible for organising the march at such short notice; in my eyes an event comparable with anything that Latics have done on the field in my 20 odd years of support.

I think we can all be proud of what we as supporters have helped to acheive over the last few weeks. We may not have the to money to buy our beloved club, or to undertake a development like the one we finally, finally have permission for. But what we do have is an un-conditional love of the club, which when pushed we can move mountains and impossible objects such as OMBC for.

I think last night was a victory for the oridinary supporter; and over the last few weeks we have proved (with one or two alleged blips) that football supporters are not, as the residents describe, 'yobs' but articulate and intelligent people who followed the democratic process to secure the future of their club.

All we need to do now is build on the spirit we have created with this fight by transferring it to support of the team on the field.

:ktf: