The "I was there" thread

i was a little surprised with how few turned up to the meeting, after the controversy of the November meeting, i expected to see the place packed to the rafters.

but at least i can say "I was there"

I was there! It was full they filled all available seats then put everyone else in the room opposite a similar turn out to last time if not more!

Disappointed i could not attend tonight, but not half as disappointed as i was after attending the first meeting. Historic night for Latics. the blues have prevailed against ignorant prejudice. now its up to the lads on the pitch!

Disappointed i could not attend tonight, but not half as disappointed as i was after attending the first meeting. Historic night for Latics. the blues have prevailed against ignorant prejudice. now its up to the lads on the pitch!

I was there (again!) and made it in time to actually get into the chamber this time. Hopefully tonight will go down in history, but this is only the beginning, there is still a long way to go to realise our vision. Thank you TTA!

I was there!! and i havn't stopped smiling since I got home!!

I was there along with my mate AND we got a pat on the back from...................................

SIMON CORNEY!!!and a "thankyou for coming lads",

i wanted to cry and hug him lol i am so happy i could pee myself!!!!!!.

i was a little surprised with how few turned up to the meeting, after the controversy of the November meeting, i expected to see the place packed to the rafters.

but at least i can say "I was there"

Oh what a night!!!! mid December ............... oh what a night

Field of Dreams..........If we build it, they will come.

TTA all the way

I was there (again).

I'm sat here thinking, ok maybe my presence didn't do much, or anything, but attending both meetings and the march makes me think I did my bit. Whatever that was. But anyway, feeling really chuffed! Well done to everyone.

One last thing, the one guy who voted against, what an arse! He was coming up with a load of crap! The density! Hahah! Then he asked for the exact number of apartments to be taken out of the proposal TWICE! Didn't you hear the NO first time nob head? Haha! What was the clowns name? Need to make sure I vote against him, wherever and whenever possible.

Well done again all!

Keep up the good work.

I was there. A massive well done to everyone who attended, wrote letters, etc. etc.

OWTB members were a massive factor in achieving that result tonight. We should all be very proud.

:grin:

I was there.

I couldn’t manage the first one, so I had nothing to compare with, but I was fairly impressed with the way the councilors handled themselves apart from just the one.

And since the meeting I have had an email from one of the council (not one of my own Werneth councilors, and not one I know personally, I think) telling me the result of the meeting. Now isn’t that thoughtful? He knows I can’t vote for him, so I guess he was just pleased and wanted to let me/us know!

:cardinal:

What better way to celebrate my 3,500th post on OWTB!

It’s been an historic day and Mrs. Sideburns, oafc_ok and I are proud to have been at the Planning Committee meeting to witness it. At last, after many false dawns, the permission has been granted to enable the dreams of TTA to come true, and to give Oldham a stadium of which to be proud. We can look forward to the gradual transformation of OUR Boundary Park home into a state-of-the-art stadium, with opportunities for income to be produced all year round. The outline planning permission granted for the surrounding residential development will need detailed approval in due course, but now TTA will be able to get on with redeveloping the old Broadway Stand into the new Main Stand.

These images were published originally on the Club’s official site - some of the details will have been changed following discussions with the Planners and the affected residents.

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1019251,00.html

You’ll have to excuse me for waxing even more lyrically than normal on this special day.

We can look forward to….

Whistling men in yellow vans

They can and drew us diagrams

Showed us how it all worked it out

And wrote it down in case of doubt

There will be a lot of disruption over the next few years. The Ford/Lookers/NSM Stand has to go which will be like losing an old friend for many fans, all in the name of progress. More to the point, it will ensure Latics’ survival, which looked impossible back in the dark days of 2003. We’ll always have lots of memories of the old BP and it’s great that we don’t have to move to a new site.

http://owtbextra.info/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1

Clambering men in big bad boots

Dug up my den, dug up my roots

Treated us like plasticine town

They built us up and knocked us down

From Meccano to Legoland

Here they come with a brick in their hand

But it will be worth it - I can’t wait for the contractors to start to build……

It’s build a house where we can stay

Add a new bit everyday

It’s build a road for us to cross (not the Town Green)

Build us lots and lots and lots and lots and lots

If there are any housemartins roosting, it’ll be RIP for them, but any bats can look forward to living in superior surroundings.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DEPvsJ3ZiEQ

So it’s onwards and upwards now for OUR Club. Altogether now…..

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_xakEIrBYyI

Thanks for all the help given by OWTB Members - without this message board the required decision would not have been achieved. This has brought us all together and we should all be very proud of our efforts to save OUR Club.

Thanks to TTA for sticking by us and to Alan Hardy for all the help and assistance given during the campaign and for having faith in the power of the fans. :bluearmy:

:ktf:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jgDIHnHTars

:comeon:

I am proud to say "I WAS THERE" but not half as proud as Simon, Simon and Danny will feel tonight.

There are uncountable people that deserve huge thanks and all the plaudits that are thrown at them.

BUT

without the money of TTA who saved our wonderful Club once Mr M@@@@s nearly put us out of business we would not be on here celebrating.

Please, please, please to the whole Latics community lets come up with some way of acknowledging what TTA's have done over the last few years, a page in the Chron, a pitchside presentation of something special, a huge party/marquee on the Tics car park........etc etc etc etc

Come on guys we can do it for them, if we can all help a little to save our Club i am sure we can organise something for "The Saviours Of Oldham"

(I'm going now cos i'm getting really, really giddy :bblue2::bblue2::bblue2::bblue2::bblue2::bblue2::bblue2::bblue2::bblue2::bblue2: )

What better way to celebrate my 3,500th post on OWTB!

It’s been an historic day and Mrs. Sideburns, oafc_ok and I are proud to have been at the Planning Committee meeting to witness it.

:comeon:

Diego - it was a privilege to be there with you. We all owe you a great debt of gratitude, for all the tireless hard work you put into this.

You have encouraged us, chivvied us, pilloried us, castigated us, egged us on, told us what to say and who to say it to, given us your expert advice … and all the time you have kept commenting on the football – which is what it’s all about for most of us.

Thank you a million times for your labour, for your persistence, especially when it seemed so few were responding (and we need to ask some hard questions about that further down the tracks), for your good humour and your wise advice.

I hope you see tonight as a great reward for all you have done.

Thanks Diego on behalf of us all.

Diego - it was a privilege to be there with you. We all owe you a great debt of gratitude, for all the tireless hard work you put into this.

You have encouraged us, chivvied us, pilloried us, castigated us, egged us on, told us what to say and who to say it to, given us your expert advice … and all the time you have kept commenting on the football – which is what it’s all about for most of us.

Thank you a million times for your labour, for your persistence, especially when it seemed so few were responding (and we need to ask some hard questions about that further down the tracks), for your good humour and your wise advice.

I hope you see tonight as a great reward for all you have done.

Thanks Diego on behalf of us all.

Thanks for your kind words Chaplain. Yes it really is a great reward for all our efforts to have secured the future of OUR Club.

I'll leave my comments on your words which I've highlighted until tomorrow.

I would just like to add my thanks to Diego / Inspiral and all the other OWTB mods and members who worked so hard and tirelessly to make sure we got the right decision in the end.

I was fortunate enough to be able to attend both planning committee meetings and see how the whole process unfolded.

I did notice a marked difference in the 2 meetings in terms of the councillors attire and name plates being on view etc, the second meeting was to me conducted with a view to correcting some of the criticisms raised from the first meeting.

Also thanks Diego for the draft letters you posted which I used as a basis for the e-mails I sent to Councillors etc in complaint at the result of the first meeting and then in support of the amended proposal.

Overall a job well done by everyone involved and everyone who helped and contributed in any way.

A very big thank you to the TTA for rescuing the club and then standing by us, we got there in the end.

:OWTB1::ktf: