crossley cost us.

dont know weather you would agree and dont know if it has been mentioned today but does anyone think we would have won today with a haf decent (fit) keeper today,

Mark Crossley had 4 things to do today the cross in the first half and 3 shots in the 2nd.

the cross hit the post and the 3 shots hit the net ( 1 offside)

i know beresford was injures but todat in my opinion (not seen replays) but he should have done better with everything, and if he was injured ( his back) like it looked after the cross he should have been taken off.

proud of the boys today, good football, deserved the win,

we cant wait for pog at the moment as it seems marlon is donr. new keeper is needed now as crossley is a liability,

excuse spelling,

opinions please.

dont know weather you would agree and dont know if it has been mentioned today but does anyone think we would have won today with a haf decent (fit) keeper today,

Mark Crossley had 4 things to do today the cross in the first half and 3 shots in the 2nd.

the cross hit the post and the 3 shots hit the net ( 1 offside)

i know beresford was injures but todat in my opinion (not seen replays) but he should have done better with everything, and if he was injured ( his back) like it looked after the cross he should have been taken off.

proud of the boys today, good football, deserved the win,

we cant wait for pog at the moment as it seems marlon is donr. new keeper is needed now as crossley is a liability,

excuse spelling,

opinions please.

Agree totally. The most experienced player let us down. Smacks of "I've not been playing, so why should I get myself match-fit and put in the effort to sharpen up in training?" Oh, B******s Marlon's injured I'll have to play, never mind I'll blag it!"

Marlon or Pogs would have stopped at least one of them for me, the first one was a good finish but saveable, the second one was on a par with Chris Day vs Huddesfield, in the fact all he had to do was react. For an hour we were superb. Then the moment they score we go into our shell. KK was running the show until then, but predictably he went missing once Donny got back into it and Wellens who had not passed the halfway line all game took over and was superb and never wasted a pass, Up until then Allott had done a great job on him and Taylor was superb in his more defensive role. But as I say, biggest let down for me was our so called most experienced player, I hope Marlon stays but think he'll be sent back now and if we have to rely on lardarse no matter how hard we work in the final third he will continually let us down. Special mention to Trotters, MAGNIFICENT and that turn of pace he showed in beating Guy to the ball was immense. Lower League Micah Richards, Stam was good for an hour then his head went and made silly mistakes. Eardley needs to learn that when the winger (Guy) is continually getting in behind you, drop a little deeeper and don't give him the space. Not disheartened best home performance of the season but annoyed that Crossley cost us the morale boosting win!

Agree totally. The most experienced player let us down. Smacks of "I've not been playing, so why should I get myself match-fit and put in the effort to sharpen up in training?" Oh, B******s Marlon's injured I'll have to play, never mind I'll blag it!"

Marlon or Pogs would have stopped at least one of them for me, the first one was a good finish but saveable, the second one was on a par with Chris Day vs Huddesfield, in the fact all he had to do was react. For an hour we were superb. Then the moment they score we go into our shell. KK was running the show until then, but predictably he went missing once Donny got back into it and Wellens who had not passed the halfway line all game took over and was superb and never wasted a pass, Up until then Allott had done a great job on him and Taylor was superb in his more defensive role. But as I say, biggest let down for me was our so called most experienced player, I hope Marlon stays but think he'll be sent back now and if we have to rely on lardarse no matter how hard we work in the final third he will continually let us down. Special mention to Trotters, MAGNIFICENT and that turn of pace he showed in beating Guy to the ball was immense. Lower League Micah Richards, Stam was good for an hour then his head went and made silly mistakes. Eardley needs to learn that when the winger (Guy) is continually getting in behind you, drop a little deeeper and don't give him the space. Not disheartened best home performance of the season but annoyed that Crossley cost us the morale boosting win!

at least we have found out now if the next boo-boy is to replace ricketts - DISAGREE 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% in saying crossley cost us - we were aboslute brilliant for an hour - and as soon as they scored we panicked this was nothing to do with crossley - we for some reason stopped playing we have to question why, one of the reasons is because we are simply not fit enough - and i dont know where you were sat but for me but crossley had his vision blocked by a host of players in the box.

at least we have found out now if the next boo-boy is to replace ricketts - DISAGREE 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% in saying crossley cost us - we were aboslute brilliant for an hour - and as soon as they scored we panicked this was nothing to do with crossley - we for some reason stopped playing we have to question why, one of the reasons is because we are simply not fit enough - and i dont know where you were sat but for me but crossley had his vision blocked by a host of players in the box.

Crossley has cost us goals all season. (Didn't move v Swansea, at least 2 at Hartlepool, 1st at Accrington, near post AGAIN v Southend, pisspoor 1st vs Crewe - Need I go on?) The guy has been finished for years, Only playing 60 odd games in 12 seasons says it all. Watch the goals on BBCi press the red button available all day. Even the commentator says how poor it was!

Crossley has cost us goals all season. (Didn't move v Swansea, at least 2 at Hartlepool, 1st at Accrington, near post AGAIN v Southend, pisspoor 1st vs Crewe - Need I go on?) The guy has been finished for years, Only playing 60 odd games in 12 seasons says it all. Watch the goals on BBCi press the red button available all day. Even the commentator says how poor it was!

that second goal we conceded my aswell have been a statue in net! i moved in the stands more than he did on the line!

I have thought for sometime and stated in a posting on an other board, that we need to aquire a quality keeper, and clear the drose that we unfortunaly have in that area, imo its proberly the single most important position on the park and is the foundation to any good team.

I have thought for sometime and stated in a posting on an other board, that we need to aquire a quality keeper, and clear the drose that we unfortunaly have in that area, imo its proberly the single most important position on the park and is the foundation to any good team.

I was talking to Lee Hughes last night and crossley wasnt even supposed to be on the bench he is nowhere near fit yet they had to drag him in at the last minute and how could they take him off the only players they had on the bench were youth team and kalala

I was talking to Lee Hughes last night and crossley wasnt even supposed to be on the bench he is nowhere near fit yet they had to drag him in at the last minute and how could they take him off the only players they had on the bench were youth team and kalala

Josh Bell was on the bench wasn't he? So if Shez had wanted to then the option was there. I don't blame Crossley for us not winning the game though, he wasn't fit that was very clear, he did what he could but unnfortunatley couldn't stop the 2nd goal which normally he would have saved. If we hadn't had wasted countless chances at the other end then it wouldnt have mattered. Stams clearance for the first goal wasn't that good but then he was shattered after about 60 mins which is understandable having had all that time out injured and then thrown into the first team due to injuries. It was a game we should have won but we didnt, and thats due to the whole team not just one player

Edited by Gemma06

ok all you boo boys and girs who have just made Mark crossley your next target -

tell me this with the second goal if you are blaming crossley cmon tel me i am interested, what the hell was allot doing falling over when he was trying to tackle should of cleared it why didnt tell me cmon and why the hell did trotman not try and block the ball instead turning his back away whats all the about tel me i would be interestdd to hea all your expert comments

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm now let me think

oh yes now ricketts has gone no matter what happens crossley is going to be at fault -

ok all you boo boys and girs who have just made Mark crossley your next target -

tell me this with the second goal if you are blaming crossley cmon tel me i am interested, what the hell was allot doing falling over when he was trying to tackle should of cleared it why didnt tell me cmon and why the hell did trotman not try and block the ball instead turning his back away whats all the about tel me i would be interestdd to hea all your expert comments

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm now let me think

oh yes now ricketts has gone no matter what happens crossley is going to be at fault -

Next target?

He's been gash all Season!

Invites constant pressure after we defend a situation with his poor kicking often into touch.. giving possesion back to the opposition in an instant. He is overweight, which for any professional sportsmen is not too good is it? Even worse when your a goalkeeper- where being agile is a must.

And nah lets jus blame Allott? Boo boys you say, you've been slagging Allott off all season.

Next target?

He's been gash all Season!

Invites constant pressure after we defend a situation with his poor kicking often into touch.. giving possesion back to the opposition in an instant. He is overweight, which for any professional sportsmen is not too good is it? Even worse when your a goalkeeper- where being agile is a must.

And nah lets jus blame Allott? Boo boys you say, you've been slagging Allott off all season.

hey lets get this right - i slagged allott off when he signed - yes - but i have not constantly slagged him off - i have give the guy a chance and have written oin more than one occassion when he has done well that was including yesterday when i posted that was his best game of the season - unlike others who look through rose coloured glasses and have decided if they dont like anyone thats it.

but you still did not answer the question - ???

so i ll aks another why was it yesterday when we were crusing did we decide to sit back - why is it theat certain players are not 100% fit and yes that does include crossley - he wasnt fit yesterday so why the hell did Shez play him -

hey lets get this right - i slagged allott off when he signed - yes - but i have not constantly slagged him off - i have give the guy a chance and have written oin more than one occassion when he has done well that was including yesterday when i posted that was his best game of the season - unlike others who look through rose coloured glasses and have decided if they dont like anyone thats it.

but you still did not answer the question - ???

so i ll aks another why was it yesterday when we were crusing did we decide to sit back - why is it theat certain players are not 100% fit and yes that does include crossley - he wasnt fit yesterday so why the hell did Shez play him -

Don't think Sheridan had many other options, with Beresford injured, Crossley or inexperienced Josh Bell or whatever his name is?

And what was the question?

Allott got down to block the initial cross from Wellens, unfortunate to bounce right back to Wellens feet!

Oh and Stam was at fault partly for the first should have cleared.

Why sit back? As you say our lack of Fitness? not knowing how to defend a 2 goal lead? McDonald and Kilkenny going missing?

Don't think Sheridan had many other options, with Beresford injured, Crossley or inexperienced Josh Bell or whatever his name is?

And what was the question?

Allott got down to block the initial cross from Wellens, unfortunate to bounce right back to Wellens feet!

Oh and Stam was at fault partly for the first should have cleared.

Why sit back? As you say our lack of Fitness? not knowing how to defend a 2 goal lead? McDonald and Kilkenny going missing?

it would of been a difficult decison but if Josh Bell is good enough to sit on the bench, then surely, if he needs to be called upon by doing that then Shez must thinks he can do a job, many times we have 5 outfield players on the bench - so this must say something.

i just didnt think you could put all the blame onto one player - we should have won yes but a few things led us to not winning - not just crossley - think blaming him 100% is unfair

If its on target and either side of Crossley then its a goal, simple as. Beresford looks like a miles better keeper.

I think the main reason we did not win yesterday was that we were knackered, and also we were playing against a very good team. For the last 20-30 mins the lads looked very tired, and as we were against a good team it cost us.

Edited by dave_ragg1984

Wish people would stop pinning the blame on Crossley. If he was fully fit, then you can boo him all you like but I don't think anybody has the right to get on his back like that when he obviously wasn't fit. And granted he hasn't played well in other matches but when the discussion is about why we lost yesterday, other performances don't really come into it.

Josh Bell was on the bench wasn't he? So if Shez had wanted to then the option was there. I don't blame Crossley for us not winning the game though, he wasn't fit that was very clear, he did what he could but unnfortunatley couldn't stop the 2nd goal which normally he would have saved.

Spot on Gemma....as I've said elsewhere....

I'm not a Crossley liker or disliker....the jury is still very much out. But :censored: me, I ain't going to judge him on a game he never ever should've been involved in! Let's kick an injured man while he's down!

What cost us yesterday was 4 gruelling games in 14 days....3 of them away against top ten sides! That last 30 minutes was burn out and Donny seized on it....fair play to them. Our lads have worked their nuts off the last week or so to arrest the slide.....good on them! Nice to have 7 days between games now before we start another tough schedule after Vale (Bournemouth away then up to Donny away...more weary legs to come!)

Edited by boundaryblue80