leeds away

not looking forward to geting laughed at by the l***s fans for taking a poxy number of fans over to one of our biggest games this season, o wel ktf ...oafc...

dont be so soft.when i got my tickets i was told we had sold 1,500....considering we normally only take between 700 to a 1,000 away it is good,i dont know how many tickets have now been sold,but we will prolly take around 2k to elland road.

and at least you know that the fans who do go to leeds,are not the glory hunters who will flock to everton.

get ya head up high,i will.

dont be so soft.when i got my tickets i was told we had sold 1,500....considering we normally only take between 700 to a 1,000 away it is good,i dont know how many tickets have now been sold,but we will prolly take around 2k to elland road.

and at least you know that the fans who do go to leeds,are not the glory hunters who will flock to everton.

ye gud point true, im not bein soft i just expected us to sell it out seen as tho we havent played them away in the league for a long time, atleast the end is only small so it wont look that bad...

So what your saying then is everybody who chooses to go to the Everton game but not the Leeds game are glory hunters :angry:

I have followed the lads for nearly 12 years now Home and away but I have choosen not to go to the Leeds games for my own reason but I shall be there for the Everton game, like many others I simply refuse to pay £25, i find this amount to be excessive for our league and simply will not pay it. So does that make me a glory hunter. I think not.

Many people will not have another payday before the Leeds and Everton games and will have to budget accordingley given the choice of which game the go to Leeds or Everton i would hazard a guess that 50/60% would choose Everton. This does not make them GLORY hunters as you label them. They simply have other commitments to consider be it Family/Work or financial.

So what your saying then is everybody who chooses to go to the Everton game but not the Leeds game are glory hunters :angry:

I have followed the lads for nearly 12 years now Home and away but I have choosen not to go to the Leeds games for my own reason but I shall be there for the Everton game, like many others I simply refuse to pay £25, i find this amount to be excessive for our league and simply will not pay it. So does that make me a glory hunter. I think not.

Many people will not have another payday before the Leeds and Everton games and will have to budget accordingley given the choice of which game the go to Leeds or Everton i would hazard a guess that 50/60% would choose Everton. This does not make them GLORY hunters as you label them. They simply have other commitments to consider be it Family/Work or financial.

Like I have said before....the real fans are going to Everton because the money actually goes back to the club, unlike the Leeds game :)

Like I have said before....the real fans are going to Everton because the money actually goes back to the club, unlike the Leeds game :)

Thats one way to look at it.

I am getting really bored and fed up with this feeling that people are less of fans/supporters just because they choose not to attend every away during the season. If people really think that if they feel that way then it is best for them to keep there mouths shut and keep they opinions to themselves.

Thats one way to look at it.

I am getting really bored and fed up with this feeling that people are less of fans/supporters just because they choose not to attend every away during the season. If people really think that if they feel that way then it is best for them to keep there mouths shut and keep they opinions to themselves.

I hardly go to away games. Unless its close and I think we can win there is no way im going away. The club dont benefit money wise and to be honest I have never belived the fans are the 12th man :P

In the eyes of some I am a terrible fan, even though I have been going every home game for donkeys years :P

not looking forward to geting laughed at by the l***s fans for taking a poxy number of fans over to one of our biggest games this season...

It's the Everton game that you should not be looking forward to! Playing superior opposition with a weakened team and lots of visiting fans refusing to sing, turning on the team when things go wrong and wishing they'd gone to Elland Road instead.

I hardly go to away games. Unless its close and I think we can win there is no way im going away. The club dont benefit money wise and to be honest I have never belived the fans are the 12th man :P

You've missed some great football this season - the players believe the fans are the 12th man, and that's all that matters.

You've missed some great football this season - the players believe the fans are the 12th man, and that's all that matters.

Havent missed anything really....I never go away.....you can only miss something if you was planning on doing it in the first place :P My wife is quite good about the football. lets me go every home game with no moaning. Away games I let here have a day :)

They can belive what they want....the best team wins...sometimes with a little help from the ref :)

Edited by oafc0000

They can belive what they want....the best team wins...sometimes with a little help from the ref :)

Let's hope the players keep their faith in the fans.

Everton should be the best team and should win, but it would be great for the game to be remembered as the season's best away performance by Latics' fans, regardless of the result. I haven't got much faith in that though!

:ktf:

Let's hope the players keep their faith in the fans.

Everton should be the best team and should win, but it would be great for the game to be remembered as the season's best away performance by Latics' fans, regardless of the result. I haven't got much faith in that though!

:ktf:

Why not... I will be rockin :) Win or lose im having a hell of a time :)

not looking forward to geting laughed at by the l***s fans for taking a poxy number of fans over to one of our biggest games this season, o wel ktf ...oafc...

:rant.sml: There's other things to take into account too. This is the closest away match for me but wont be going. I have mates coming up from Kent for NYE who will refuse flatly to pay 25 quid to see the match! Would you in their shoes?? I also plan on feeling pretty rough. And there are some people who will flatly refuse to line K** B****' pockets after him blatently screwing everyone over. So we will probably take our second largest away following of the season and you are worried because some L**** fans might take the mickey out of us? Hmmm. And yes, I'm going to Everton. Like has been said, at least money goes back to the club and not that fraudster. :rant.sml:

Don't be such a wimp! Are you actually bothered about leeds fans mocking us for our attendances. If thats so important to you and me we would be of down the road to Old trafford. We ain't Latics is our club I'm sure those that do will get behind the boys heartily

Oh and by the way I am one of the glory hunters who prefers to go to Everton rather than Leeds. Its so sad only people who watch every minute of every game plus every reserve and youth game should be allowed to go to this one. Certainly not season ticket holders who disgustingly pick and choose their away games call ourselves supporters

ggggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally agree

I couldnt give a stuff if we dont sell out at leeds. It means better odds of not having a moaning sod behind me, moaning how we should all be sat fingers on lips, arms folded and do nothing but boo all game.

It'll just confirm that Leeds arent that big of a pull that they think they are. They're not a City in my eyes. I was in no rush to get tickets for Leeds, mainly because it's not that big of a game. We had our day out there in the Prem and for those not around in those days, we had it the other year when 2,000 turned up on a tuesday night. Everton the week after is a different matter entirely. That's a massive pull and confirmed by just how many tickets have been sold!

I couldnt give a stuff if we dont sell out at leeds. It means better odds of not having a moaning sod behind me, moaning how we should all be sat fingers on lips, arms folded and do nothing but boo all game.

Everton the week after is a different matter entirely. That's a massive pull and confirmed by just how many tickets have been sold!

But it means odds on for having a moaning sod behind you, moaning how we should all be sat fingers on lips, arms folded and do nothing but boo all game. Thankfully not if you're on the back row!

But it means odds on for having a moaning sod behind you, moaning how we should all be sat fingers on lips, arms folded and do nothing but boo all game. Thankfully not if you're on the back row!

you get me wrong...im not saying everybody is a glory hunter....

the percentage of people on here is not a true reflection of peoples opinions.

i know loads of people who are going to everton who havent been anywhere near bp for the last 2/3 years.

it just annoys you that when you draw a big team in the cup everybody suddenly pops out the woodwork.

i was trying to say to the first poster stop worrying,i couldnt give a to$$ if i get laughed at by some scroaty yorkshireman,ill still be there loud and proud.

i know loads of people who are going to everton who havent been anywhere near bp for the last 2/3 years.

it just annoys you that when you draw a big team in the cup everybody suddenly pops out the woodwork.

i was trying to say to the first poster stop worrying,i couldnt give a to$$ if i get laughed at by some scroaty yorkshireman,ill still be there loud and proud.

My comments were in reply to Rocky_Latic not yourself.

Come on Ed, what do you expect. We are playing a premiership club away in the first meaningfull game since we got relegated from the premiership. Peoples main reason for watching football is to see good footballers play good football, hence more people go and see Everton than us and more fairweather types will want to go and see us play Everton than they will Walsall. People getting irritated by the fairweathers need to be realistic and should be glad of the extra income.