Gary Mac's Goal Celebration

ghostofcecere

The trouble was that with running into the Latics' half of the pitch, and all the players following him, the ref allowed Everton to kick off again before our players had positioned themselves. In future they must keep at least one player in the opposition half to avoid what could be a disastrous situation.

The trouble was that with running into the Latics' half of the pitch, and all the players following him, the ref allowed Everton to kick off again before our players had positioned themselves. In future they must keep at least one player in the opposition half to avoid what could be a disastrous situation.

It's ok Mark Crossley will stay back, I don't think he's one for 50 yard goal celebration runs :grin:

After Scunthorpe I remember Mr Tulsehill having a picture of Gary McTardelli as his signiture. He must practice it in front of a mirror! I was thinking this morning, GMac could never kick another ball for us again and he will still be talked about in 20 years time for at least 2 legendary moments for us. To think he was getting splinters up his arse for months.

You missed the point - the need is for at least one to stay in the opposition half to avoid a quick kick-off!

This has caught us out before a few seasons ago. Im sure it was against Plymouth after Eyres has scored from the half way line, everyone celebrated in our half and the ref allowed the kick off whilst we were still celebrating.

I give up!!! :rolleyes:

On a serious note I do take your point D_S. I do think we are a bit naive at times, but I guess that comes from having so many young players in the side. I think we do miss people like Gregan and Lids in the team with their older heads when they are missing.

I have often been frustrated that we don't make subs etc. to run the clock down and break up play a bit when we are hanging on near the end of games. Though this season we seem to have got into the habit of collecting lots of 'injuries' in added time which helps; it's frustrating as hell for fans, but teams do it against us, so why shouldn't we do it.

Shez is still learning his job, but there was no excuse for Big Joe not doing it before THAT goal at Wembley! :ohno:

Yep!!!!! Big Joe and Ronnie Moore where two of the biggest culprits for not taking advantage of using subs. In Joe's case it seemed like he would never use one no matter how much the fans could see we needed to make a change. But then I guess they know much more about football than we do.

Yep!!!!! Big Joe and Ronnie Moore where two of the biggest culprits for not taking advantage of using subs. In Joe's case it seemed like he would never use one no matter how much the fans could see we needed to make a change. But then I guess they know much more about football than we do.

Ronnie Moore???? My Mrs knows more about football than he does... and she asked me yesterday if Everton were in the Premiership....

Quote from McDonald:

"I'm pretty pleased with the goal, from something like 25 yards. It was an unbelievable feeling when it hit the back of the net. I got plenty of stick from the lads for my celebrations, apparently it was the quickest I have moved all season.

"But I wanted to celebrate with the fans. There were 5,000-plus of them there and when we came out onto the pitch it was amazing to see so many, it gave us a real boost. You just want to perform when you see that many there."