Home games vs Away games

In the rarely read Sussex Argus Shez says (my highlighting):

"We've had a good start to the new year but we can't just sit back and reflect on it.

"I believe Brighton will be right up there at the end of the season, challenging for the play-offs, even though they've had a poor little run of late.

"I said it at the start of the season and I still believe it, so they are going to be a big threat. I am trying to make sure the players don't think about the FA Cup until it comes around again.

"If we play anything like we did at Leeds and Everton we will win, it's as simple as that, but we have got to do it.

"Our results at home have not been too good, so we need to start building them up.

"If we can take our away form into our home games we will have a good chance of climbing the table.

"We have a young team and, playing at home, they seem less relaxed for some reason. Maybe it's the pressure of the crowd, because we have to take the game to the opposition."

So how about making a conscious effort to encourage the lads rather than pressurise them?

And bring a beach ball, dinghy, dog (inflatable) anything - let's be really silly - wear our clothes inside out - take our shoes off midway through the game - people laffing will make a nice change for our players!!!

After Celebration Sunday.....Random Object Saturday!!! Don't be surprised to see Alan Hardy promoting this one - it's got money written all over it!

Seriously though, if people start moaning because we're not three up in the first ten minutes, we're just going to have to drown em out. Can't beat em, shout over 'em.

I am gonna raid me kids bedroom tomoz and look for anything inflatable - we had a big hammer once - I am sure someone out there will have a sheep - but give it a wipe first eh?

Grim!!!

In all honesty I doubt the atmosphere will improve until the NSM is destroyed and we are shunted into the RRE at least we will probably be heard in there. No offence to the chaddyenders because you can be in there and think it's really loud when everyone is in full voice but it barely exceeds the halfway line. :(

what is grim about trying to have a laff and create some nonsense? we need to lighten up at bp big time! as for noiz I have said before me and my lad were running a bit late for a night match once and could hear the chaddy end from near the top of sheepfoot lane so nerrr!!! LET'S ALL HAVE A DISCO!!!

I had a plank like that away on Saturday :mad:

And he has probably had a season ticket for the tics for thirty years and is just as entitled to sit there quiet as you are to jump up and down singing. Get off his back and concentrate on supporting the team rather than criticising people who have probably seen more football than you've had hot dinners. :mad:

And he has probably had a season ticket for the tics for thirty years and is just as entitled to sit there quiet as you are to jump up and down singing. Get off his back and concentrate on supporting the team rather than criticising people who have probably seen more football than you've had hot dinners. :mad:

Here is where the problem lies, how many fans do you know can support there teams by being sat down at games?

Away games like Southend - crap following great atmosphere because we can stand and sing to our hearts content.

Big games like Huddersfield, Wigan or the majority of other games where we take big crowds you have the occasional fan telling you to sit down constantly hence ruining the atmosphere, even if they are entitled to sit there and watch the match in silence.

Here is where the problem lies, how many fans do you know can support there teams by being sat down at games?

Away games like Southend - crap following great atmosphere because we can stand and sing to our hearts content.

Big games like Huddersfield, Wigan or the majority of other games where we take big crowds you have the occasional fan telling you to sit down constantly hence ruining the atmosphere, even if they are entitled to sit there and watch the match in silence.

Simple answer - bring back standing areas. I've said it before, it'll never happen, but it should and it could - look at Dortmund.

Most of all chaps/chapesses, let's all wear a smile on Saturday eh - if we can't be positive after THAT display last weekend, tis time to give up!!

Ive had a grin on my face all week after that, just cant help it

I will be honest and say I do not go that many home games for the reason of atmosphere. Everybody moans and is negative and every time I go I think I will not do it and then once the passes go astray and the nervous defending starts and I can hear the rumbles of discontent I find myself joining in. Not to the extent of some last time I went there was a chap who started moaning after 5 minutes and continued until full time.

On the other hand, I love going to away games simply because I go with no expectation of a win. I find no matter what I will get behind the team and usually will end up having no voice on Sunday. If we get some points then it just adds to the day out. Also away games are a chance for fans to show what kind of fans they are, how many times have we been complemented on our away support and the volume of it?

As for a singing area in BP, it would be a good idea. Most teams do have one, but there are some that do not. Rochdale's singers are spilt some sit behind the goal and others stand behind the other goal. But the idea of a singing section is one that should be policed by the fans not the club. I would guess that most the singers do either read or post on this site so they should agree on where they want to sing from, the site could even do a poll? If the area is the rocky then the club need to be told. But I would guess it is opening up when the lookers comes down?

Agreed. Feel the same way and I much prefer going to aways. The whole atmosphere thing is a problem at a lot of clubs even when they fill the ground. Really hope the new BP will help with this but it seems to be at the new grounds where the detrimental effect on atmosphere is worst.

This was supposed to be a positive thread, so all I can say is that if you are a singer, don't give in to the moaners!!

Support during the game (hence supporters) :grin::lol:

Moan after the game, after final whistle or in forums etc :angry::disappointed:

simple