annoying adverts!

edhunteruk

ok,not been on much yesterday and today.

but have to say these adverts we now have are very annoying.

i understand why there here,so as to pay for the upkeep of the board.

but do they have to be so big???

and why are they making loading times slower????

if the board now has sponsership deals in place are there any plans to update the servers so the site runs at the speed it should???

is anybody else experiencing problems with the site because of them???

ok,not been on much yesterday and today.

but have to say these adverts we now have are very annoying.

i understand why there here,so as to pay for the upkeep of the board.

but do they have to be so big???

and why are they making loading times slower????

if the board now has sponsership deals in place are there any plans to update the servers so the site runs at the speed it should???

is anybody else experiencing problems with the site because of them???

i use firefox and this site is ad free

Owtb at the moment are trying a few ways of supporting the cost of this MB so that MATT (Rummy) no longer as to shoulder the responsibility of cost himself.

Please bear with us while we try different ways of trying to support this board. With an average usage of 70+ members on OWTB from 8:30 am - 7pm most days and over 115 members at weekends the cost of this MB has spirled.

We hope that any adverts dont spoil your enjoyment, if you encounter any problems please PM a member of the owtb team who will advise on any ways to help.

This MB is an important part of fans communication and we hope to add to the achievements of owtb in the last 12 months and help Oldham Athletic and its offical site go from strength to strength ..

WardleLatic

OWTB Team

so do i.but i can see them bold as brass....have you downloaded an extension or something to disable them

no i just clicked on block images from this site, and it blocks them, i might have some other extensions ill work out what i have and let ya know mate, i think the main on ia ad block plus, but i cant remember!!

Owtb at the moment are trying a few ways of supporting the cost of this MB so that MATT (Rummy) no longer as to shoulder the responsibility of cost himself.

Can the club not help us out with this, considering all that the posters on this board have done for the club over the last year (in particular regarding the planning meetings and marching, etc) and are continuing to do?

Surely what is a lot of money to Rummy would be a drop in the ocean for the club, and would ensure the board can carry on?

Can the club not help us out with this, considering all that the posters on this board have done for the club over the last year (in particular regarding the planning meetings and marching, etc) and are continuing to do?

Surely what is a lot of money to Rummy would be a drop in the ocean for the club, and would ensure the board can carry on?

but they cant do that as they already have the board set up with PTV, even though no one uses it

That's because Facebook is the devil!

like i said i fully understand the need for them,and why they are here,but they have affected my enjoyment of the site as everything takes 3 times as long to load up.

thanks for all the advice,gonna go download some ad blockers now and hopefully sort it.

and yes people do still use the official site,its still alive and kicking.

facebook the devil eh.hahahah.it is when i whooping everyone on the wrestler app.

now upto number 28th in manchester.

like i said i fully understand the need for them,and why they are here,but they have affected my enjoyment of the site as everything takes 3 times as long to load up.

thanks for all the advice,gonna go download some ad blockers now and hopefully sort it.

and yes people do still use the official site,its still alive and kicking.

facebook the devil eh.hahahah.it is when i whooping everyone on the wrestler app.

now upto number 28th in manchester.

sorted it thanks.runs like a dream now i have installed adblockers plus.

cheers for the advice everyone.