Fans to blame?

Having just read all the post on todays game, and archived through past games, i cant believe that people are justified in blaming the fans for the team not performing at home.

Agreed it isnt easy playin in front of serial whingers, and agreed it probebly gets on players nerves, but to blame the fans is ludicrous.

The same fans who fork out week in week out so these players can participate in a job everyone of us would love to do.

The same fans who sit through all kinds of weather at the coldest place on earth, its easy sayin feck off to old trafford, then what would the club do if 50% of the support did this, we are in the 5hit as it is.

Like i said it isnt ideal but, the players should rise above it, ala Hughesy at Millwall, they are bloody professionals for fecks sake, i am sick of hearing the maoners myself, no matter where you go in the ground you find em, but please dont blame for being gash at BP, thats down to the players and mangement, no one else!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having just read all the post on todays game, and archived through past games, i cant believe that people are justified in blaming the fans for the team not performing at home.

Agreed it isnt easy playin in front of serial whingers, and agreed it probebly gets on players nerves, but to blame the fans is ludicrous.

The same fans who fork out week in week out so these players can participate in a job everyone of us would love to do.

The same fans who sit through all kinds of weather at the coldest place on earth, its easy sayin feck off to old trafford, then what would the club do if 50% of the support did this, we are in the 5hit as it is.

Like i said it isnt ideal but, the players should rise above it, ala Hughesy at Millwall, they are bloody professionals for fecks sake, i am sick of hearing the maoners myself, no matter where you go in the ground you find em, but please dont blame for being gash at BP, thats down to the players and mangement, no one else!

As Ricky Thomlinson says..... :ass3:

i know where you are coming from jacko....

but lets say for 90 mins we didn't hear much encouragement today from the majourity of "fans"

loads of typical moans was the usual moans i heard...."we beat everton last week but we are can't stuff this shower" was on comment a heard.....

typical crap from a typical "supporter"

cheers for the imput :censored:.....now :censored: off!!!

A system needs to be put in to place, i aint no expert but some kind of counciling or therapy, JP they gotta rise above it, positive mental attitude and all that, focus where the boo boys are, score a beauty and go over an put yer hand to yer ear, rise above em, prove em wrong, not sulk and use em as an excuse, profesionals? got to be stronger my friend

A system needs to be put in to place, i aint no expert but some kind of counciling or therapy, JP they gotta rise above it, positive mental attitude and all that, focus where the boo boys are, score a beauty and go over an put yer hand to yer ear, rise above em, prove em wrong, not sulk and use em as an excuse, profesionals? got to be stronger my friend

yep.....

but these are arsewipes who demand total 100% entertainment ,commitment,etc etc for 90+mins.

any mistakes and BOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!

they are off on the rants.

get to bed Jackson..... but your right (for once) the only player I see influenced in a major way by the crowd moaning would be Davis, yet I feel he's also influenced by his team mates and Shez more in that regard. This excuse is tired and old, no way can the crowd cause this week in week out. It's a two way street.

i know where you are coming from jacko....

but lets say for 90 mins we didn't hear much encouragement today from the majourity of "fans"

loads of typical moans was the usual moans i heard...."we beat everton last week but we are can't stuff this shower" was on comment a heard.....

typical crap from a typical "supporter"

cheers for the imput :censored:.....now :censored: off!!!

Instead of bitching about it on here why not pull the moaners up on when they moan, my guess is that you are too :censored: scared!!!!

also while I am on my soap box, why dont the so called singing section of the chaddy end sing for the whole 90 mins, instead of coming on here and saying its not our fault! We have always had a goood away support and a :censored: home support it's just the way it is!!

We are not a premiership club anymore and have not been for a long time (I was there when we where and am still here now) it's about time we stopped thinking we are a top class football club because we are not! And get on and support the players we do have, if it means we slate the players from time to time then ok, why not? we pay 15-20£ a week to watch the :censored: that is being produced at the moment. and we are entitled to our opinion!!!

another post after the lords mayor show - should of been dedicated to it all the fans too - all sections of the ground aprt form a small band of lads who were in the NSM stand lower tier, nothing absolute nothing form all other parts of the ground. after the performance of the fans last week we went back to our usual drizzle at home, and this is not good.

someone posted the team should make us shout is a B**L*c*k*s argument - because if that was away from home we would shout for 90 mins still the same, why oh why are we not getting together at home, to try and raise it. it needs sorting - because again apart from those lads above and the 5 mins b4 half-time(when we scored once again we were all naff)

Edited by neiladamsheadband

yep.....

but these are arsewipes who demand total 100% entertainment ,commitment,etc etc for 90+mins.

any mistakes and BOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!

they are off on the rants.

I am one of those who demands 100% commitment Johnny and I will rant moan and slag the highly paid prima donnas who turn out for my club as long as I want. I will not however, slag a player off for making a mistake. Thay happen. What I will do is continue to support the club of my town long after Sheridan, Davies et al have gone. You have no right to blame the fans for that fiasco yesterday. There was no commitment, ability or pasion on show from the majority of that team. IT WAS A DISGRACE.... They ought to be ashamed of themselves. They earn in a week what I pay tax in two years. I still buy my season ticket every year though. Get your face out of mine and point your criticism where it belongs. IN THAT CHANGING ROOM>>>>>

No-one can blame the fans, but I can’t believe the attitude of people has gone so negative. 24 hours ago it was so positive. Then again I suppose thats the world we live in. We weren’t that good 24hours ago. And we aren’t that bad now.

I am one of those who demands 100% commitment Johnny and I will rant moan and slag the highly paid prima donnas who turn out for my club as long as I want. I will not however, slag a player off for making a mistake. Thay happen. What I will do is continue to support the club of my town long after Sheridan, Davies et al have gone. You have no right to blame the fans for that fiasco yesterday. There was no commitment, ability or pasion on show from the majority of that team. IT WAS A DISGRACE.... They ought to be ashamed of themselves. They earn in a week what I pay tax in two years. I still buy my season ticket every year though. Get your face out of mine and point your criticism where it belongs. IN THAT CHANGING ROOM>>>>>

I think that you need to change your username Terry.

The atmosphere yesterday WAS A DISGRACE....The people who ought to be ashamed of themselves are the other naturally negative people (I cannot bring myself to call them supporters and certainly not fans) who would like to blame everything on someone else. They need to take some responsibility themselves as it is (as previously stated) a 2 way street.

I am not saying that you shouldn't go to the game, but if you are so disillusioned with the game in general, why do you go? It obviously doesn't make you very happyterryb

Edited by Rick

The atmosphere yesterday WAS A DISGRACE....The people who ought to be ashamed of themselves are the other naturally negative people (I cannot bring myself to call them supporters and certainly not fans) who would like to blame everything on someone else. They need to take some responsibility themselves as it is (as previously stated) a 2 way street.

I am not saying that you shouldn't go to the game, but if you are so disillusioned with the game in general, why do you go? It obviously doesn't make you very happyterryb

Because it is my club. The one that my Dad took me to and his dad took him. I have watched the latics since 1962 approx and have never seen a player behave like Davies does. It enfuriates me when I see less than 100% commitment in my work. It is worse when I see the people I look up to on a Saturday not even trying. I am really angry about yesterdays performance because I felt cheated somehow after the game. It will pass however and I will be there next time to shout encouragement and criticism as it is needed.... :rant.sml:

I am one of those who demands 100% commitment Johnny and I will rant moan and slag the highly paid prima donnas who turn out for my club as long as I want.here we go again...so really you are a spectator of latics ,not a supporter...read the definition of the word "supporter" please. I will not however, slag a player off for making a mistake.eh... but you said above you will"rant, moan and slag the highly paid prima donnas...make you mind up! Thay happen.yes they do...and that when the whingers start to wake up-don't they love it!! What I will do is continue to support the club of my town long after Sheridan, Davies et al have gone. You have no right to blame the fans for that fiasco yesterday.no...so all the boos,slaggings off of players etc etc during the game feckin helped???? There was no commitment, ability or pasion on show from the majority of that team. IT WAS A DISGRACE-one word...:censored:!.... They ought to be ashamed of themselves.hope you are ashamed too then...slagging and moaning moaning-your words your thoughts. They earn in a week what I pay tax in two years.WHAT...AT LATICS!!!!!!!!ARE YOU ON £10 A WEEK? I still buy my season ticket every year though.HOW DO YOU AFFORD IT???tell you what-keep it in your pocket... Get your face out of mine and point your criticism where it belongs. you put my critcisim your own face-what i said obviously struck a chord with you...so as you have outted yourself as a moaner,ranter+slagging off supporter......-IN THAT CHANGING ROOM>>>>>and let the persons in charge of the team slag,moan+rant at the players eh...if you wanna rant ,moan,boo,hiss and slag off the team,leave it till the pub after the game-not in the players face when they are playing...!!!

"supporter"-a person who supports a team through thick and thin.

Nice red writing there. Doesn't alter the fact that those players let us all down yesterday. Seen the highs and lows with this club throughout the past three decades. Thats a supporter......

No it is not. That is a long term spectator. A spectator spectates, watches. A supporter supports the team, gives support and encouragement, is supportive.

Massive difference.

Nice red writing there. Doesn't alter the fact that those players let us all down yesterday. Seen the highs and lows with this club throughout the past three decades. Thats a supporter......

mmmm-i did red to make a point.

oh,being a lot older than you think,i wouldn't try to patronise me with your "thats a supporter" comment.

3 decades-same here.

Rick have to agree with you here my mate - defo a two way street, if at yeovil next week we losing 3-0 say with 5 mins left we will still be singing etc and will still clap em off, it annoys me at home why we remain quiet when we havent scored in the first ten mins or so.

we all might have an opinion on whos goood bad or indifferent etc, but again the support was a pile of old rubbish, so ok the team didnt perfom either but the support at home is getting worse and worse. back to the billiant support at Yeovil next week, cant wait for that.

Go on Rick, at least redress the balance by admitting the performance was poor. You've said it's a 2 way street - the supporters have paid the wages and got a poor performance in return. It can't ALL be the fault of the fans can it?

Go on Rick, at least redress the balance by admitting the performance was poor.i don't think it was that poor...we let a goal in 90+mins..we've should have scored again many times-they had a player sent off early doors and that just asked brighton to shut up shop-happy for a point.we scored one and we didn't take advantage of the man short...its what happens in football...oh brighton are still above us in the league-should we just beat them cause we beat everton last week?? You've said it's a 2 way street - the supporters have paid the wages and got a poor performance in return. It can't ALL be the fault of the fans can it?no its not ALL the supporters fault-but the noises from the whingers does not help does it-and we are there to SUPPORT the team arn't we-THROUGH THICK AND THIN!!!

moan in the pub after the game by all means-we certainly did-but encouragement should be the way we shout in the ground!