Shez: Have a go at me rather than player(s)!

In tonight's rarely wrong Chron Shez talks about Chris Taylor overcoming Saturday's hecklers and being rewarded with a goal for his persistence.

Shez says "“People behind me were having a go at the lad, but I would rather they had a go at me.” :comeon:

That way when they do, as they have in the past, he can say "they don't know what they're on about anyway".

:grin:

Guest sheridans_world
One worrying point from that article.

So we have to get a couple of wins before he gets someone in?? :huh:

I think that means. If we win, he's happy, if we dont, he wants a few players.

Why wait though?

I think it's a case of risk/return... if we pay for someone now and slip to a mediocre midtable it's a waste of money... if we win our 2 in hand and are looking at a late run to the Playoffs then we can risk the £3,000 a week on a striker (or whatever) on the chance of a minimum of two extra (well paying) games.

One worrying point from that article.

QUOTE(Shez @ Feb 11 2008)

We've got a good group of players -- I'd still like one or two more but that's going to be dependent on the kind of results we get.

So we have to get a couple of wins before he gets someone in?? :huh:

To which article do you refer? It's not in the one about Taylor's hecklers.

Sorry, was on the fishul. It's been a long day!

Keep up the pace

think this year is different,he has learned from his experiences and is now coming out and backing the players regardless of what the fans think.

he is right of course and he is trying to deflect critiscism from his players onto him and his coaching team.

the bit about loans.think its a case of like has been said.we go on a 3 or 4 game run win our games in hand and he will get a couple of new faces in to cover us over the playoff games if we get into them.

there is no point bringing in someone immediately,get into the playoffs and then they have to leave and drop us in it.

plus other clubs wont want to release there players just yet until they have a better idea of if there going up going down or staying put.

That way when they do, as they have in the past, he can say "they don't know what they're on about anyway".

:grin:

And he'd be right.

Good on him. "Lay off the kids, 'ave a go at me instead - cos I'm big enough and ugly enough to ave a go back. Unless you're cowards that is..."