Where it all went wrong

In 1987 we reached the play-offs never being out of the top three all season. A few more players were brought in the strenghten the team by Big Joe and although many thought that this was the season for promotion it turned out to be a disappointing season..... it was some time ago but until recent years I never heard boo's directed towards the team that season unlike this were a lot of supporters felt after last year we should be challenging further up the table.

(The first time I ever saw a bad reaction towards the team (I can only say from a Chaddy ender at the time view point) was the final league game in our first season in the top flight, were many fans expected the free flowing wins week in week out they had seen in the previous season. Many of these fans threw their season tickets onto the pitch, I felt like doing the same in disgust at their behaviour ....... I didn't want to be associate with people of this thinking at the time, but thought better of it.)

On with the story........................

Through-out the next couple of seasons the club allowed Joe add to the squad and his introduced several products of the youth team (brought through under the guideance of Urmston) with average league positions.

1990 saw us hitting the headlines with the cup runs which in the end effected our promotion challenge ......... then 1991.

The foundations are now here at this club and I really believe that over the next few season we can go places .............. my real concern is the negative reaction form sections of the crowd may scare away some of the young talent we have coming through.

Given time Shez could create things for this club

KTF

In 1987 we reached the play-offs never being out of the top three all season. A few more players were brought in the strenghten the team by Big Joe and although many thought that this was the season for promotion it turned out to be a disappointing season..... it was some time ago but until recent years I never heard boo's directed towards the team that season unlike this were a lot of supporters felt after last year we should be challenging further up the table.

(The first time I ever saw a bad reaction towards the team (I can only say from a Chaddy ender at the time view point) was the final league game in our first season in the top flight, were many fans expected the free flowing wins week in week out they had seen in the previous season. Many of these fans threw their season tickets onto the pitch, I felt like doing the same in discussed at their behaviour ....... I didn't want to be associate with people of this thinking at the time, but thought better of it.)

On with the story........................

Through-out the next couple of seasons the club allowed Joe add to the squad and his introduced several produces of the youth team (brought through under the guideance of Urmston) with average league positions.

1990 saw us hitting the headlines with the cup runs which in the end effected our promotion challenge ......... then 1991.

The foundations are now here at this club and I really believe that over the next few season we can go places .............. my real concern is the negative reaction form sections of the crowd may scare away some of the young talent we have coming through.

Given time Shez could create things for this club

KTF

This man speaketh the truth. Best post ever on here!!!!

Just edited mate .............. I have a unique grasp of the English language!!!

This as been my thinking all year, couple of the youth team broke through last year and great things were said about Deano, Lewis etc pre-season. Seeing these two in particular at Clyde made me believe that bringing these lads through we could see some good things in seasons to come.

I am a little disapointed we haven't challenge more especially considering I have only seen one team (Swansea) who are way above the rest of the league in playing abilitly and strenght of squad. Consistancy (especially up front) as been a major factor, constant injuries have not allowed any sort of team to gel together (the defence as been one of the best in the league ...... the result of very few, if any, injuries in this area since Gregan and therefore a consistant back line being penciled in by Shez)

With the young average age of the team ...... form of young players breaking through (both first / second season) as we know can be up and down.

A seasoned player having a poor game can still perform certain functions, the younger players can either look world beaters or very poor.

i cant blame the injuries due to my well known opinions on sean gregan. still think the transfer activity was strange but still say give shez another year. also wont write off the play offs until its impossible, and even then 10 teams could still be docked 15 points each.