Davenport Out !

Guest oa exile

Guest oa_exile

Peter Davenport got the push this morning from Southport and the back of their 4:1 defeat on Saturday V's Solihull.

Southport are now in 6th place of the Blue Square North and outside of the playoff places.

>> OUT ! <<

Hahahahahahahahaha.......now that's piss funny!!!!!!

No dislike of Southport but although Stalybridge lost on Saturday the solice was that Southport (a realistic chance of being opponents in the playoffs) were battered by a team 'Bridge beat 4-0 just 7 days earlier. The wheels could well and truly fall off Southport now and to be frank, they deserve to. It's not like they've been on a disasterous run of late....they even beat then-second place Telford 5-1 at theirs a few wks back!!! And have W2 D2 L2 in their last 6. Frankly.....sacking their manager now is a joke! Idiots!

PS Hahahahaha.....my god, I can't believe I missed that one.....they've even got Rodney Jack there!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Guest oa_exile
Hahahahahahahahaha.......now that's piss funny!!!!!!

No dislike of Southport but although Stalybridge lost on Saturday the solice was that Southport (a realistic chance of being opponents in the playoffs) were battered by a team 'Bridge beat 4-0 just 7 days earlier. The wheels could well and truly fall off Southport now and to be frank, they deserve to. It's not like they've been on a disasterous run of late....they even beat then-second place Telford 5-1 at theirs a few wks back!!! And have W2 D2 L2 in their last 6. Frankly.....sacking their manager now is a joke! Idiots!

PS Hahahahaha.....my god, I can't believe I missed that one.....they've even got Rodney Jack there!

It's a bit like OAFC mate the "Expectations" were high at Haig Ave this season.

Southport in the Conf "North" :unsure: way to good for that Div :wink:

Southport are worse than us for sacking the Manager :lol: with the owner Charlie "Grim Reaper" Clapham :grin:

>> :) <<

• 2 weeks later...
Guest oa_exile
The wheels could well and truly fall off Southport now and to be frank, they deserve to.

Frankly.....sacking their manager now is a joke! Idiots!

Play off's now a distinct possibility again , they won 2:0 at Nuneaton last night to move into 4th spot on the back of the 1:0 mid week win V's Alfreton.

Last two games are Leigh RMI (home) and Vauxhall Motors (away) , bottom two clubs.

StalyVegas can actually do Southport a massive favour today and beat Telford who are 3rd.

>>Table<<

Management change so close to the end of the season going to pay off ? , I wonder

Guest oa_exile
StalyVegas can actually do Southport a massive favour today and beat Telford who are 3rd.

Staly 1:2 Telford

No favour for Southport and Staly shot themselves in the foot , loss moved Telford above them (Staly) into secondplace.

Staly 1:2 Telford

No favour for Southport and Staly shot themselves in the foot , loss moved Telford above them (Staly) into secondplace.

Yeah, not the best result that for Bridge on Sat! Wonder if they've taken their foot off now they're in. A few not wanting to get injured....although, suppose the same could be said for Telford.

The one to watch is Barrow. Mini-Shez, Paul Jones et al have really set the form book alight....worryingly they look the side to beat at present...last 16 games...W12 D4 L0 and only 1 defeat (funnily enough, to Stalybridge at Barrow) in 20 games.

The Conference North Final is to be held at the 'Wembley of the Midlands', The Pirelli Stadium, home of Burton Albion FC.

If anyone off here travels to support their local side (BB80, Exile, anyone else) give me a shout and I'll point you in the right direction to sample some of the local produce :drinking66:

I might even come to the match, especially if there's some ex-Latics involved.

Edited by oafc_ok

Guest oa_exile
The Conference North Final is to be held at the 'Wembley of the Midlands', The Pirelli Stadium, home of Burton Albion FC.

If anyone off here travels to support their local side (BB80, Exile, anyone else) give me a shout and I'll point you in the right direction to sample some of the local produce :drinking66:

I might even come to the match, especially if there's some ex-Latics involved.

Might just take you up on that Matt :)

Just got back , won 2:0 tonight , keeps our nose's in there , 4th.

Need to win on Saturday at Vauxhall Motors to make sure or "Hope" that Barrow slip up which I doubt.

I hope we get into the play off's just to annoy Ross :lol:

Need to win on Saturday at Vauxhall Motors to make sure or "Hope" that Barrow slip up which I doubt.

Lol...nah, don't mind Southport in the playoffs....Stalybridge have won one and drawn one against you this season, so be the current easiest route to the final :wink:

As for the final....bit gutted at the timing of it. I go off for a week on the 9th May, so should 'Bridge get there I won't be able to make it :disappointed: Any chance Sky or Sultana will have it on, do you reckon?

Lol...nah, don't mind Southport in the playoffs....Stalybridge have won one and drawn one against you this season, so be the current easiest route to the final :wink:

As for the final....bit gutted at the timing of it. I go off for a week on the 9th May, so should 'Bridge get there I won't be able to make it :disappointed: Any chance Sky or Sultana will have it on, do you reckon?

If the Setanta TV crew have got a say in it then it'll be on. Apparently Burton Albion do the best food in the Conference so the TV boys like covering matches at the Pirelli!

Just re-read this thread. Exile, do you realise you are gradually starting to refer to Southport as "we"?

What A Glory Hunter! :grin:

Guest oa_exile
Just re-read this thread. Exile, do you realise you are gradually starting to refer to Southport as "we"?

What A Glory Hunter! :grin:

lol :grin:

I do actually go and watch them on occassions , five times this season , I have posted on Southport before , honestly :blush:

............... seasons ended so I may as well enjoy the last couple of weeks :tongue1:

BTW ........... Come on Rangers ! :lol:

I do actually go and watch them on occassions , five times this season , I have posted on Southport before , honestly :blush:

............... seasons ended so I may as well enjoy the last couple of weeks :tongue1:

Will you be visiting Bower Fold on Sunday 4th May then...should it come about? That will be a tasty 2nd leg if Bridge can secure it (ie. not lose 2nd or 3rd spot)

Guest oa_exile
Will you be visiting Bower Fold on Sunday 4th May then...should it come about? That will be a tasty 2nd leg if Bridge can secure it (ie. not lose 2nd or 3rd spot)

That sounds like you want to buy me beer Mate :) so I probably will do :drinking: (IF it comes about)

Add oafc_ok's offer to buy me beer in play off Final and it's a win-win for Exile :drinking45::dance:

I've seen Albion a couple of times this season, and I'll see them a couple more times if we they get to Wembley.

Guest oa_exile

Well you got your "Dont mind ...." :lol: hope it's a good couple of games :)

Wednesday, 30 April 2008

Southport v Stalybridge, Play-Offs Semi-Final, L1, 19:45

Barrow v Telford, Play-Offs Semi-Final, L1, 19:45

Sunday, 04 May 2008

Telford v Barrow, Play-Offs Semi-Final, L2, 15:00

Stalybridge v Southport , Play-Offs Semi-Final, L2, 15:00

Guest oa_exile
Just wanted to wish Stalybridge all the luck in the world tomorrow night! Not that we'll need it...the horse is coming for ya! :wink:

You coming over on Sunday, Exile? :grin:

I will be there tonight :) jumping on the badwagon :grin:

Yep , at this stage Ross I will be coming over for my FREE beer you promised me :drinking::lol:

I will be there tonight :) jumping on the badwagon :grin:

Yep , at this stage Ross I will be coming over for my FREE beer you promised me :drinking::lol:

Haha....free beer you promised me wasn't it? Can't see a post other than this one where the words free beer were mentioned by me...can only see the post where my name is mentioned where Exile is clearly offering me one :grin:

Well...half time and it's advantage Southport....ain't over yet though! Do away goals count in this?...I presume so......

PS For the away side, the stats are pretty impressive. One could almost suggest we didn't get what we deserved tonight :wink:

Guest oa_exile
PS For the away side, the stats are pretty impressive. One could almost suggest we didn't get what we deserved tonight :wink:

Have not seen the "Stats" but Staly cant complain about the result , Southport were the better team on the night from were I was "Standing" anyway.

First half was pretty much all Southport and one a better night should have gone in 3:0 up at HT.

Second half much more even with chances on both sides , highlight was "The Horses" miss from about six yards out in the last few minutes of the game :lol:

Crowd was a bit dissapointing about 1350 +/- , plenty of Liverpool fans live in Southport so probably watching the match on Sky.

Anyway pretty good match and set up nicely for the second leg which should be a "good un".

Good win for Barrow , 2:0 and a good crowd also 2,700.

Whoever goes through will have a tough "Final" versus Barrow unless Telford can do the business.