Digital Cameras

maddog

I'm looking to buy my first Digital Camera (yes, I know, but it took me years to catch onto CDs and DVDs too).

Can anyone give any advice on brand / considerations?

I don't want to spend too much - under £100 if possible (have been told you can still get decent cameras and pics for that price).

Cheers!

Fuji or a Canon. I'm on the look out for new one as well TBH...

Check here...

<a href="http://www.cameras.co.uk/" target="_blank">

>>>> LINK <<<<</a>

Ooh, good site. Cheers, Rummy. I'm currently trawling through amazon adding cameras to my wishlist, and was wondering how I would narrow it down....I have about 30 in there with good price, good reviews and good MPs, etc.

Ooh, good site. Cheers, Rummy. I'm currently trawling through amazon adding cameras to my wishlist, and was wondering how I would narrow it down....I have about 30 in there with good price, good reviews and good MPs, etc.

http://www.cameraworld.co.uk/digital_cameras.asp

Try this site, a good selection. Try to ignore the need for a higher pixel camera, you wont need it. Yes its true the higher the mega pixal the better quality of picture, but you wont be able to tell the difference between a 3, 5 or 10 megapixal camera.

The Fuji A500 is a very good buy, 80 squid you get a memory card and case, bargain. I bought this camera for the wife for xmas and she loves it. You need a camera with ease of use, some can be a mindfield of technology, but there is a wide choice.

A few things to look out for, make sure the camera has a view finder( the thing you look through) This saves on batteries, if you only have the lcd screen to view a photo through your batteries wont last very long. Also note the cameras at this price seem to be small ( maybe just a bit bigger than a mobile phone) so they can be quite fiddly.

Anyway happy hunting, I remember my first digi camera at around 100 squid, it wasnt long till I upgraded to a better one at about 150 squid, now im on a digital SLR at 600 quid plus new lenses at 200 quid a throw so can become a very expensive hobby.

I only love pictures ;)

http://www.cameraworld.co.uk/digital_cameras.asp

Try this site, a good selection. Try to ignore the need for a higher pixel camera, you wont need it. Yes its true the higher the mega pixal the better quality of picture, but you wont be able to tell the difference between a 3, 5 or 10 megapixal camera.

The Fuji A500 is a very good buy, 80 squid you get a memory card and case, bargain. I bought this camera for the wife for xmas and she loves it. You need a camera with ease of use, some can be a mindfield of technology, but there is a wide choice.

A few things to look out for, make sure the camera has a view finder( the thing you look through) This saves on batteries, if you only have the lcd screen to view a photo through your batteries wont last very long. Also note the cameras at this price seem to be small ( maybe just a bit bigger than a mobile phone) so they can be quite fiddly.

Anyway happy hunting, I remember my first digi camera at around 100 squid, it wasnt long till I upgraded to a better one at about 150 squid, now im on a digital SLR at 600 quid plus new lenses at 200 quid a throw so can become a very expensive hobby.

I only love pictures ;)

Ta. I went for a cheapish one - seems simple enough to use. It's a Canon summat. Was 70-odd quid from Amazon.

I wanted one for ont Beardy Bus tomorrow. But being a mong, I bought the wrong memory card to go in it, so it will only save 15 pics. :angry: .

Guest oa_exile
I bought the wrong memory card to go in it, so it will only save 15 pics. :angry: .

lol :D Maddog as you said

"yes, I know, but it took me years to catch onto CDs and DVDs too".

:blink:

Yes its true the higher the mega pixal the better quality of picture, but you wont be able to tell the difference between a 3, 5 or 10 megapixal camera.

Eh! Masses of difference.

I have a 3.1 megapixel, (ages old) but have also used a 10 megapixel for landscape piccies. What a difference!!

Although. maddog won't need quite that resolution for taking pics of drunk up latics fans on the Beardybus. :P

Eh! Masses of difference.

I have a 3.1 megapixel, (ages old) but have also used a 10 megapixel for landscape piccies. What a difference!!

Although. maddog won't need quite that resolution for taking pics of drunk up latics fans on the Beardybus. :P

I stand corrected. What I did mean to say was for an average piccy it doesnt matter what pixel it is, unless you take pictures for a profession like say Shaun from the club who takes them for the progame and the club website, now there is where you need a high pixel camera.