Tomorrow Dress Code

Who is wearing what? I know fans have been asked to wear shirts etc but don't want to look out of place.

I was thinking just that. I'm going to get the none-monkey sick yellow out of storage, I don't think I've worn it for about 4 years since I got savaged for it's lack of tastefulness in work. They asked for colour so let's not worry about giving it to them.

the family have said that as many people as possible are welcome at the service which will be beamed outside on screens once the church is full.

they have also requested to see as many oldham , rochdale shirts etc as possible outside the church to bring a real splash of colour.

I've posted the above as a reminder of what was said previously. I was speaking to Martin yesterday, and he said the church holds 400 and will be full. on a first come basis

I was wondering whether to go inside or stay outside the church to listen to the service. Inside we would probably be dotted about here and there and would not be able to get back outside until the funeral cortege has left. The benefit of staying outside is that, with us gathered together as a group, we will provide the requested splash of colour. I'm taking the flag seen on www.ernieflag.co.uk, and I thought we could stand behind/beside it in a prominent position to be seen by the mourners as the cortege arrives and departs.

Also photos/videos would be appropriate outside the church rather than inside.

What do others think?

P.S. I would think the funeral will make the London TV local news. Could some of our OASIS fans arrange to video the TV coverage, so that others can see it in due course via YouTube, etc?

Says football shirts outside, so if you are looking to head inside for the service you may need a change of top. Heading from work so will be smart(ish). Will see you a LB Andy, unless I say otherwise.

Righto. On the Jubilee line platform rather than the overline station, as me and Allan are coming in by Tube.

I've posted the above as a reminder of what was said previously. I was speaking to Martin yesterday, and he said the church holds 400 and will be full. on a first come basis

I was wondering whether to go inside or stay outside the church to listen to the service. Inside we would probably be dotted about here and there and would not be able to get back outside until the funeral cortege has left. The benefit of staying outside is that, with us gathered together as a group, we will provide the requested splash of colour. I'm taking the flag seen on www.ernieflag.co.uk, and I thought we could stand behind/beside it in a prominent position to be seen by the mourners as the cortege arrives and departs.

Also photos/videos would be appropriate outside the church rather than inside.

What do others think?

P.S. I would think the funeral will make the London TV local news. Could some of our OASIS fans arrange to video the TV coverage, so that others can see it in due course via YouTube, etc?

I think I'll stay outside funerals are something I have ever been to other than when its family and therefore sadly you have no choice. So feel funny about going inside for this one, going to pay my respects for the many Tics that can't actually make it (and myself)..... and I need to rush straight back to work for a disaplinary meeting (bloody students causing problems again).

Taking flags ?? I'll bring some if people want ... know family wants football colours but feels a little strange at a funeral

Taking flags ?? I'll bring some if people want ... know family wants football colours but feels a little strange at a funeral

i have also got the pics of the various flags that are being made to show everyone, absolutely fantastic effort from everyone involved.

Martin said yesterday that he had sent pictures of the flags to Ernie's Dad and it was OK to take them to the funeral.

It will feel strange but it's a vivid way of showing the respect and love we have for Ernie, and will continue to show after tomorrow.