Whats the point?

My Australian wife cannot understand how I live in Australia and support Oldham Athletic.

From my first game at Plainmoor in 1966 (The only time dad organised the holidays), to my last game at Boundary Park in 2001, 10 days before I emigrated. It will always be with me.

Every post on this thread has consumated that very belief.

I watch the AFL and support the Brisbane lions. I wear a Latics shirt to every game.

My Lions shirt has the latics Crest on my chest in the centre. On the back, the Lions have the letters BBFFC to commemorate the merger between Fitzroy Lions and the Brisbane Bears. It now reads OABBFFC. It says Cooksey (never saw him play), has the number 4 and Keep the Faith at the Bottom.

My Qld Number Plate has 0AFC on it.

I am in the middle of having a car sticker with:

I LIVE IN AUSTRALIA.

I SUPPORT OLDHAM ATHLETIC.

LATICS TILL I DIE

I had a tear in my eye as I typed.

Nope, I cant understand it either, but I remain....Latics till I die

CARN YOU BLUES

My Australian wife cannot understand how I live in Australia and support Oldham Athletic.

From my first game at Plainmoor in 1966 (The only time dad organised the holidays), to my last game at Boundary Park in 2001, 10 days before I emigrated. It will always be with me.

Every post on this thread has consumated that very belief.

I watch the AFL and support the Brisbane lions. I wear a Latics shirt to every game.

My Lions shirt has the latics Crest on my chest in the centre. On the back, the Lions have the letters BBFFC to commemorate the merger between Fitzroy Lions and the Brisbane Bears. It now reads OABBFFC. It says Cooksey (never saw him play), has the number 4 and Keep the Faith at the Bottom.

My Qld Number Plate has 0AFC on it.

I am in the middle of having a car sticker with:

I LIVE IN AUSTRALIA.

I SUPPORT OLDHAM ATHLETIC.

LATICS TILL I DIE

I had a tear in my eye as I typed.

Nope, I cant understand it either, but I remain....Latics till I die

CARN YOU BLUES

It's like anything in life. The more you get kicked the stronger you become. And that's why I'm confident that I feel a lot happier when Latics win than any United fan when they do likewise.

I can't ever (and I mean ever) imagine supporting another football team--the betrayal would be the equivolent of sleeping with my best mates wife, it's just not something you would ever do! I have every intention of leaving oldham some time soon with work but I have no doubt I will forever be a blue. Yes admittedly at my worse I have fallen out of love with latics for months, but after a while it drags you back and my love for the club returns.

I really hope we do well this season as we are overdue some success on the smaller stage!

Edited by laticsmad

unfortunatly wasnt lucky enough to be born in oldham but was lucky enough to move here aged 6 months then as a belated 6th birthday present got dragged along to boundary park to see some team called oldham athletic play citeh in a freindly and that was that .

from then on i was hooked and would be there every week sat on the wall at the front of the chaddy (remeber that !) cheering the blues on especialy my hero alan groves a promotion in my first season trips to anfield maine rd (fa cup v northwitch ) wins over man ure just cemented it for me .

over the years ive been through all the emotions with this club the highs 1990 1991 the prem tics 1- 0 manure the great escape ,the lows losing at wembley twice relegation twice chris m###e playoffs three bloody times .but do you know what i wouldnt change it for all the money in the world because ive gone through it with some of the greatest wittyest most loyal supporters in the world

who can all say we support OLDHAM ATHLETIC with pride !

keef