Keegan finally offski

Yep, it's official - who do you think'll be the next manager? I reckon Steve Bruce, after all he is a Geordie, but then again who's going to want to work with that poison dwarf Dennis Wise. There's going to have to be a re-think about him, can you imagine if they appoint Wise as manager, the fans would burn the place down, I'm off on their sites to see what's been said.

and the toons said they wanted him to stay as manager as well , was he pushed or did he leave himself??? very strange of him going i think myself he is the right one for the toons ,it will be hard to find a good manager to take his place ,i bet alan shearer will be the new toons boss

Edited by boboafc

Keegan's Statement:-

In a statement released through the LMA, Keegan confirmed he had quit - citing the fact he did not have the control he wanted over club affairs.

"I've been working desperately hard to find a way forward with the directors, but sadly that has not proved possible," he said.

"It's my opinion that a manager must have the right to manage and that clubs should not impose upon any manager any player that he does not want.

"It remains my fervent wish to see Newcastle United do well in the future and I feel incredibly sorry for the players, staff and most importantly the supporters.

"I have been left with no choice other than to leave."

Shearer's too involved in media work, anyway he wont work under these restrictions, what manager would?

Edited by Damian_Thorn

In his press conference today Wor King Kev said "I think I'm pretty well qualified to come and take this challenge on. Whoever would have been sat here, and it could have been lots of people, there's nobody you could have been talking to today announced as manager who knows this club better than I do."

He went on to say that he had not seen the finished stadium until Wednesday. He'd never seen the new training ground until yesterday. He'd even forgotten how cold it was up there! He knows at least one of the players - Joey Barton - "He's had some little problems. I told him yesterday, he's got my full support. I've given it to him before and he's let me down, but he's got it again." He didn't know the Club's staff, except for four including Terry McDermot, who he brought to the Club. But he still thinks nobody knows the club better than him.

On Wednesday he said he had not watched any live football since he was at Citeh. So one of his last memories was losing to Latics at Boundary Park. :grin: Today he said "The game is pretty much the same. I've been out of the game for three years. It's nothing. Sometimes that's a help, rather than a hindrance. Just to get away from it and see the game from a little bit of a distance (not live though on his own admission). I think it's helped me, definitely." Ignorance can be bliss!

I'd love it, just love it, if he was successful playing his brand of football, but the sooner he realises he needs a good defence, the better - Micah Richards would look good in a black and white striped shirt!

I reckon Shearer will be offered a coaching job, which I think he'll decline. Lawro has failed previously as the defensive coach - Hansen thinks he knows how to stop sloppy defending, but I think he would decline any offer which interfered with his golf.

King Kev certainly knows what the fans want and that's why they idolise him. He has walked away from the job before - it will be interesting to see how his latest adventure ends.

One of the football writers said he has the feeling that it is as though a 14 year old has just been handed the keys of a high-powered sports car. The Toon Army is expecting to enjoy the ride - the question is will it all end in tears?

Played 21

Won 6

Lost 9

Drawn 6