Davies & OGrady

I thought Davies ran his socks off yesterday without really threatening whilst Chris did well in holding up the ball, used his strength well and created a great chance for Davies with some neat play in the box. Craig needs a goal to get him going again and Chris needs to find his feet in this higher league. Lewi needs to get back to tryin to become a footballer instead of thinkin he's arrived.

Edited by Lags

Wasnt impressed with Davies but i have to remember its only his 2nd league start.

O'Grady was much better today. Best performance so far IMO

O grady was sent on to do a job though!! Hold the ball up to take pressure of our defenders.

If we had of been behind and needed him to score a goal would it have been his best performance???.

Taylor will score more goals than him this season..

How did Davies play yesteray & O'Grady. I am a bit worried that our back up pair have not scored many goals so far. Has Alexandra gone off the boil as well?

Who is this Alexandra of which you speak? I thought Lewis did ok again to be honest. People seem to expect him to be able to perform at his best every week, but consistency will come with more experience in my opinion. O'Grady hasn't really shown me anything to say he should be ahead of Lewis but yesterday he did come on and make a difference so hopefully that's a sign of things to come. Davies had a great game yesterday, service wasn't brilliant, but if he keeps playing like that he will start to find the net again. I haven't really got any worries, when you consider how our midfield are chipping in as well, it's not the end of the world if the front men aren't firing all the time. I think the team has plenty of goals in it for the first time in ages!

I still think that once O'Grady gets to grips with this level, he will be the perfect foil for hughesy - Lewi will still blow hot and cold - he is only young, and throwing him in the stiffs agaist some poorer defenders occasionally will do him good.....

I dont get these claims that O'Grady is similar to Davies - nothing like each other IMO, as is said, O'Grady was sent on yesterday to be strong and hold the ball up - this is how I see him, and that type of player doesnt need to get more thna 5-10 goals a season if their strike partner is banging in 20....

For me we have Hughes/Davies for the goalscorer, and O'Grady/Lewi for the secondary striker... the other combinations dont work for me, but we have great options, as I say, i'd expect Lewi/Ogrady to get 5-10 goals, Davies and Hughesy to get 15-25 (obviously depending on how much they play...)

great options... with Deano chipping in as well if needed... also this Willaims kid too, if he ever manages to pull on his boots...

Oh... we also have Wolfy...