Educating or embarrasing kids.

I have been to every game possible this season and taken my 11 year old daughter.

It has bothered my a bit the singing of some songs i.e. Ian Moore / Ronnie Moore and the Yorkshire songs at Leeds.

She really enjoys the games and atmostpheres and has been told to expect the usual language etc and my appologies if I indeed join in.

She looked forward greatly to Tranmere after the opening game there 2 years ago and expected probably more towards ronnie.

Just wondered what other people thought, I'm not calling any one for swearing at all, and joined in enthusiastically at all games.

We are top o t league!!

1) It's inevitable kids will swear when Mummy and Daddy aren't about

2) This shows that, in the main, they understand discretion

3) Encourage her to sing along with slightly different words: "Ronnie Moore, we don't like you, we don't like you" works well, while you sing the real words.

4) Occasionally reminder them that they shouldn't swear, even if you know that they will!

We went on Saturday and when they started singing *Ronnie Moore your a :censored:* my 8 year old niece said, *Aunty Janet they are swearing* so if they know what a :censored: is at 8 year old they should have heard a few others aswell.

btw she covered her ears when they started singing it again, which made me chuckle.

Must admit was waiting for my 5 year nephew to ask what a :censored: was though :shock:

1) It's inevitable kids will swear when Mummy and Daddy aren't about

2) This shows that, in the main, they understand discretion

3) Encourage her to sing along with slightly different words: "Ronnie Moore, we don't like you, we don't like you" works well, while you sing the real words.

4) Occasionally reminder them that they shouldn't swear, even if you know that they will!

i had the same anxietys when i took my lad to bp,i sat him down and explained to him that it would be loud,it would be noisy with lots of people singing and shouting,and that there would be a fair amount of swearing going on.

i also explained to him that whatever happens during a football match,stays there and you dont bring it home with you or behave like that in normal surroundings.

he fully understood and to be fair has never repeated any songs when not at the game,the best was leeds away,he loved it,the banter the crowd the lot.

but that said i did have an incident in the chaddy with my son and my father whilst watching a game,and like i have said swearing is part and parcel of football,but when you have a group or 8 or 9 lads about 15 and 16 sat 4ft away from you and every single word or every other word was effing this and effing that,the c word t word and every other profanity you can think of then i have to draw the line,as that kind og behavior is not acceptable.

but as long as he/she understands fully not to bring it home there isnt a problem with it.

in an ideal world we would all sing funny and proper songs at football games with no need for profanity,but you know that will never happen.

On a smaller scale there was mildly funny incident at the weekend along these lines.

We took my lad (20 months old) to see the Kent Air ambulance Family.

On the way there, you go past the Scarab factory (you know the little ones with the brushes that sweep the road).

In the entrace is a Wooden edifice written large "In memory of a proper :censored: house" which looks like the old outside lav they may have had on site.

So little Johnny was insisting having his photo taken by it, along with a quite a few others.

So he says, please can I have my photo enxt to the :censored: house. Mother says you musn't swear.

It's a tricky one to get round on a number of levels this do as I say, not as I do lark.

Edited by singe