consortium of wealthy Nigerians want to buy the toons

as most on here get spam emails , saying my dad uncle sister cat and dog died leaving 1000million dollars in a bank and we need you to help us get the money and you get 10% , we all know they are people who try to get you to give them your bank details to con you out of you life savings , 99% of those spam emails come from nigeria , so i am sure that its a big con to get to think they have money to buy newcastle fc or mabye they do have money , which was stolen from people who belived in those begging emails !

consortium of wealthy Nigerians are planning to take over Newcastle United, according to a report in Africa.

Current owner Mike Ashley is trying to find a buyer for the ailing Barclays Premier League club, after proving unsuccessful with his initial efforts to secure a sale.

Ashley has announced he wants to sell his interest in Newcastle just 16 months after staging a £134.4million takeover.

Dubai International Capital (DIC) have ruled themselves out of the running, making it clear they are not "planning a bid for any football club".

However, a Nigerian company claim they have £350million behind them - and are bidding to secure the remaining funding which would improve their chances of a successful takeover.

Chief Executive Officer of the NVA Management, Chris Nathaniel, whose company are handling the deal, wants to make Nigeria the first African country to own a Premier League club.

He told www.KickOffNigeria.com: "All along I have been working hard to get wealthy and football loving Nigerian entrepreneurs to buy the club since Mike Ashley indicated his willingness to sell the club to the person, people or entrepreneurs who can meet the £400million selling price of the club.

"Right now I am happy to tell you that well meaning Nigerians have responded and the consortium of Nigerian entrepreneurs has so far contributed £350million to buy the club.

"Ashley has stood his ground that he won't sell the club until the money is raised to the asking price of £400million.

"So what that means is that we need to raise another £50million or £100million to shut the door behind the other top Arab companies who are also interested in the club.

"The Arab companies have also indicated interest and made offers - but they haven't met the asking price too."

as most on here get spam emails , saying my dad uncle sister cat and dog died leaving 1000million dollars in a bank and we need you to help us get the money and you get 10% , we all know they are people who try to get you to give them your bank details to con you out of you life savings , 99% of those spam emails come from nigeria , so i am sure that its a big con to get to think they have money to buy newcastle fc or mabye they do have money , which was stolen from people who belived in those begging emails !

Yes Bob. And all Irish people keep pigs in the kitchen, and the Swedish have lots of sex. And as for the Jews, don't even get me started on the Jews...

Yeah it could be that Bob, but considering Nigeria has loads of oil, plus other natural resources, like minerals (I think it may even have some diamonds- something I know you know a bit about). It doesn't surprise me that some Nigerian bloke/company/consortium thinks he can afford to buy a Premiership football club (which is reportedly still reasonably in debt). Nigeria is in the top 10 in terms of population worldwide and if this deal is legit, and goes ahead then the toon will have a massive fan base at their fingers. I can see many Nigerians switching from ManU/Chelsea/Liverpool/whoever to support the toon especially as Nigeria's best player plays up front for them. The Premier League is big all over the world and Africa is a relatively untapped fan base resource and this could be a stepping stone for some other rich Africans to buy into the Prem.

What are the chances of John Fashanu having a finger in this pie? Wasn't he a sports minister or something a few years ago?

when will it end....

far far too much money washing about in the greedy league....and nothing filtering down to our level,making it even harder for clubs like ours to compete for new fans and so on.

the only chance lower league clubs like ours has,is if we can produce 4 or 5 neil trottmans or micha richards a season,and make money if the big boys come calling....

its just a different kind of franchise football that everybody detests so much.

Yes Bob. And all Irish people keep pigs in the kitchen, and the Swedish have lots of sex. And as for the Jews, don't even get me started on the Jews...

i get your point , not all nigerians are con men, but i plan to go to sweden soon

Edited by boboafc