Baseball is back

It's that time of year again when beyond borderline alcoholism overtakes me and big boys rounders keeps me up until 3am (or until I fall asleep watching it). The White Sox completed the eight teams with a 1-0 win against the hated (by OldhamSheridan) Twins. So the line up this year is:

Milwaukee v Philadelphia

LA v Cubs

Boston v Anaheim

White Sox v Tampa

It looks a pretty tight line up this year, with (to me) not much of a clear favourite. I'd probably go with the Cubbies as favourites, but my money's been on Milwaukee for a long while, Devil Rays v Boston in the next round would make for some more fascinating fights, and Boston are probably the team I would like to see win it overall.

It's that time of year again when beyond borderline alcoholism overtakes me and big boys rounders keeps me up until 3am (or until I fall asleep watching it). The White Sox completed the eight teams with a 1-0 win against the hated (by OldhamSheridan) Twins. So the line up this year is:

Milwaukee v Philadelphia

LA v Cubs

Boston v Anaheim

White Sox v Tampa

It looks a pretty tight line up this year, with (to me) not much of a clear favourite. I'd probably go with the Cubbies as favourites, but my money's been on Milwaukee for a long while, Devil Rays v Boston in the next round would make for some more fascinating fights, and Boston are probably the team I would like to see win it overall.

Sorry watching paint dry on Eurosport - much more entertaining!

I'd love it if Tampa Bay won it, after them I'd say the White Sox or the Brewers. The other 5 can go suck on one - especially the Phillies. I cant see the Cubs doing it now they've lost the opener - I caught the end of it last night as I had a bout of insomnia. My inexpert opinion is the Red Sox to beat the Phillies in the WS. But then again my pre season tip was Detroit so what do I know?

I'd like to see an all Chicago world series come to think of it. With the White Sox beating the Cubs in 7 games with a heartbreaking grand slam homerun in the bottom of the 9th to snatch it 4-3.

As a Mets fan the whole thing is a little hollow right now. Chokers!

If anyone was to ask who my Baseball team is I'd say the Phillies. But I quite like the Rays and Red Sox (although going off the Red Sox as they are like the Chelsea of the Baseball world). Personally think either the Cubs or the Rays will win (and create history).

Another round complete. The Phillies and Dodgers walked past their respective opposition to set up the NL matchup. Certainly the Dodgers are the team in form following the end of season run and destruction of favourites Chicago.

On the otherside the AL East was dominant and sets up an intriguing clash. These two have fought (in the literal sense) with each other on the pitch twice so far this season. I suspect they aren't all that friendly.

It's a couple of days off until the next round starts on Thursday night/Friday morning (1am) with the opening Dodgers/Phillies game in Philadelphia. Then Saturday morning sees the other game starting in Tampa (followed by game two of the other game). And then 6am's my bedtime - I should be up in time for the England game then...