Two man team.....................

.taylor and Hughes!!!!

Simple as, nothing more to say!!!!

Disagree, there is/will be quite a lot more to say.

We were going to lose eventually and the match after the first defeat this season was always going to be one of the more vital matches this year. We've got Hereford at home which is possibly the best match to have after an important defeat.

If we can bounce back from every defeat and go 5+ games unbeaten we will be in the promotion picture, so the run hopefully starts again next week.

Keep The Faith

Disagree, there is/will be quite a lot more to say.

We were going to lose eventually and the match after the first defeat this season was always going to be one of the more vital matches this year. We've got Hereford at home which is possibly the best match to have after an important defeat.

If we can bounce back from every defeat and go 5+ games unbeaten we will be in the promotion picture, so the run hopefully starts again next week.

Keep The Faith

Stockport hadn't won at home all season!!!

Every side have very important players, but our first-half performance sounded more than decent.

We'll miss Gregan's bite every time he's not playing, we'll probably always miss Hughesy's intelligence and hold-up play. They have played at the highest level afterall...

We have to lose sometime, and hopefully this will be a slap in the face we've been looking for. Our last couple of performances haven't been very good, so we need improvements. Also, we've conceded 3 goals in 3 league games this season- this is a major, major worry, and something hw definitely need to improve for us to last the course of the season.

However, I'm not gonna start worrying, nor am I gonna start attacking the players. I'm confident we can get back to winning ways next Sunday against Hereford.

Stockport hadn't won at home all season!!!

You should know by now we're good at ending runs.

Stockport were quite impressive tonight. Enough to think they'll probably not go down. We made enough chances to get something out of the game, but they seemed stronger than us and mugged us at set pieces. Not much wrong attacking-wise, but we're going to have to improve defensively.

Might do us some good this, I hope one or two more changes start to become permanent changes. Time to bring in Fleming for a run of games.

Nothing against Fleming, and he will definitely get his chance, but why now? Not much Crossley could have done about any of tonight's goals.

(Arguably poor positioning for the third, but he had every right to expect the defence to deal with it...)

stockport were quite usefull 2nd half,major factors where man marking not only for the 2 flicks for the 2 goals but the space they had when they stuck the goals in !.

Also in the 2nd half they shut out taylor because he battered them in the 1st half.

County 3rd goal was ok. Take alot of positives out of 1st half performance but missed hughes and gregan as upfront was abit toothless with no end product and davies shot when we where getting beat 2-1 still hasnt landed yet !.

Big blow but not all lost.At least we kept the stewards and police busy when we scored as it was kickin off big style in the stockport end....

Edited by squidbeak

Nothing against Fleming, and he will definitely get his chance, but why now? Not much Crossley could have done about any of tonight's goals.

(Arguably poor positioning for the third, but he had every right to expect the defence to deal with it...)

Can't really blame him for any of the goals but his crap kick led to the equaliser, that and the left side of the defence disappearing! 2nd goal came from us losing the ball tamely on the edge of their box and the third should have been flagged offside in the build up. Having said that a defeat has been coming and it may be the kick up the arse we need to see us standing 4th,5th or 6th come Sunday night. Special mention for Davies tonight, i've been an advocate for him to get a chance, but what a disinterested turd he was. O'Grady wasn't great but at least he tried to put himself about and he should've equalised. Davies strutted around like the arrogant prat he is.

Two home games coming up, never boring being a Latic, but it aint the end of the world, unbeaten from April to October, lets see if we can go on another 10 match unbeaten league run. Jones put in a couple of belting crosses, that apart no better than Kelvin so far. Byrne walkabout for goals one and two, virtually up Rubes' backside needs to learn to play his half of the pitch. Midfield poor again and our goal was a crap one, shocking mistake from the keeper yet we did look comfortable but yet again blew it within minutes of the restart. Shez - stay quiet at HT.........

Edited by oafcprozac

Errrr!! We Lost!!

I know. The point I made has nothing to do with the fact that we lost this particular game or that Stockport hadn't won at home before tonight because anyone can beat anyone in this league as has been proven countless times in the past, so I'll ask the same question again: What's that got to do with the point I made?

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

I've not bought into this 'Crossley is great' feeling some have developed this season, he's been at fault a number of times this season and although he's made some great saves, they are shots that you expect a keeper to make.

And if only Liddell would stop scoring goals I would be calling for him to be benched too :D

Was on the half way line in the main stand so got a good view of everything. The main points for me were

1) We should have buried them with the amount of sitters missed

2) Midfield struggled but Whitaker had his poorest game yet and failed to challenge even 70/30 balls in his favour

3) Defence again played far too deep which dragged the midfield deep and left the forwards miles away. Shez should have seen this and got them pushed out

I thought Jones had a good game and Taylor got crowded in the second half. Stockport won't do much this year because we let them play and look good and their defence is absolutely woefull gifting us chance after chance. If hughes had been on we would have had a hatfull, but he wasnt and Davies/O Grady failed to take their chance

Edited by Max Damage