FIFA 2009

KiDdErZ

Anyone played it? Any good? Supposedly the best FIFA yet.

Currently rattling through Brothers In Arms: Hells Highway when i get the chance. Good game

Had a go on the demo. Tbh id say it is very similar to the last one.

I used to be all for Pro Evo until they buggared up the online play on the last one and the usual "Smack it at the goal keeper and bounce straight to the striker".

Money well spent for me. Got it for the PS3 for me and DS for my son.

I had the demo and thought 08, but I would say it is the BEST ever.

Fifa 09 is a great game and yes you can create yourself and play against the best in the world, it also carries over from Euro 08 where you can select a surname so that the commentators announces you during the game, it also has a similar engine to the Euro 08 and yes Fifa 09 has improved the looks of the main world players.

There are over 250 additions and enhancements to the core gameplay, Fifa 09 delivers a real authentic football simulation game that enables you to customize the game to suit your style and ability, you can full change team tactics and create your own that suits your team requirements.Also, the player celebrations have returned from Euro 08, you chose how to celebrate.

The graphics are superb, it is obviously loaded with the correct sponsors (ours is hillstones) and names, stadia and equipment.

Anyone with a PS3, my online name is OAFC24

Edited by bazzaoafc

There are over 250 additions and enhancements to the core gameplay, Fifa 09 delivers a real authentic football simulation game that enables you to customize the game to suit your style and ability, you can full change team tactics and create your own that suits your team requirements.Also, the player celebrations have returned from Euro 08, you chose how to celebrate.

Dont work for EA do you? :wink:

I'm still playing Pro Evo 2008, believe the 09 one is out in a couple of weeks.

Everything mentioned about FIFA 09 has been positive, and having the official licence is definitely important. Got an xbox 360 and wii in our house so could go for it on either

Everything mentioned about FIFA 09 has been positive, and having the official licence is definitely important. Got an xbox 360 and wii in our house so could go for it on either

copied it lol :lol:

Hahaha i was just going to post the same after reading that!

I'm 50/50 on whether to treat myself to that or new latics shirt.

EDIT: After thorough deliberation and consulting mates, ive decided to give Fifa a go :)

Edited by ste1987

The last Pro Evo was awful. The online game as mentioned, impossible to play with the daft lag. From the demo i've played of the new one its on a par if not worse than 08!!

FIFA is well and truely on top these days.

Yeah i agree about Pro Evo. I just dont think they have advanced much in the past few years and it seems to be just the same game. The online play on XBOX live in the last one was awfu. I agree about the demo, nothing much difference.

I used to only do Pro Evo having been introduced to it about 4/5 years back, but last yrs and this yrs FIFA games have improved drastically.

I used to be die hard PES. Then PES 6 sucked a fair bit, and PES 2008 was an absolute abomination. FIFA 09 is the nuts; you actually have to play something resembling football to do well.

Just a tip: Villa are awesome. I've been doing ace online with them.

I used to be die hard PES. Then PES 6 sucked a fair bit, and PES 2008 was an absolute abomination. FIFA 09 is the nuts; you actually have to play something resembling football to do well.

Just a tip: Villa are awesome. I've been doing ace online with them.

I'm exactly the same. Used to love PES but have now changed back to fifa now it has come up in the world. You on XBOX live? (if its the xbox you play fifa on)

Ja. GT is "The Bluetones". (Yep, I'm a proper fanboy.)

Add me and we'll have a few games.

Check out my nice run and finish with Chrissy Taylor: http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/video/1001211

And my free kick with Lidds: http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/video/1467995 (Not a great angle, sadly.)

Here is a complete list of the Stadiums which will feature in FIFA 09 on the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.[8][9] There are also designated stadiums for clubs in England, Scotland and Australia.[10]

Licensed Stadiums

Flag of England England

* Anfield (Liverpool F.C.)

* Emirates Stadium (Arsenal F.C.)

* St. James' Park (Newcastle United F.C.)

* Old Trafford (Manchester United F.C.)

* Stamford Bridge (Chelsea F.C.)

* Wembley Stadium

Flag of France France

* Parc des Princes (PSG)

* Stade Gerland (Olympique Lyonnais)

* Stade Velodrome (Olympique de Marseille)

Flag of Italy Italy

* Stadio delle Alpi (Juventus F.C., Torino F.C.)1

* Stadio Olimpico (A.S. Roma, S.S. Lazio)

* Stadio San Siro (A.C. Milan, Inter Milan)

Flag of Germany Germany

* Allianz Arena (Bayern München, 1860 München)

* Signal Iduna Park (Borussia Dortmund)

* HSH Nordbank Arena (Hamburger SV)

* Olympiastadion (Hertha BSC)

* BayArena (Leverkusen)

* Veltins Arena (Schalke 04)

Flag of Spain Spain

* Estadio Mestalla (Valencia C.F.)

* Estadio Vicente Calderón (Atlético Madrid)

* Camp Nou (FC Barcelona)

Flag of Mexico Mexico

* Estadio Azteca (Club América)

Flag of Wales Wales

* Millennium Stadium

Generic Stadiums

Flag of World Generic

* Aloha Park

* Crown Lane

* El Bombastico

* El Medio

* El Reducto

* Estadio de las Artes

* Estadio del Pueblo

* Estadio Latino

* Euro Arena

* Euro Park

* FIWC Stadium

* Football Ground

* Fussball Stadion

* Ivy Lane

* O Dromo

* Olimpico Generitico

* Square Ground

* Stade Kokoto

* Stade Municipal

* Stadio Classico

* Stadion 23. Maj

* Stadion Europa

* Stadion Hanguk

* Stadion Neder

* Stadion Olympik

* Town Park

I expect that Oldham Arena will be featured in FIFA 2012... :getmecoat::bat:

Just spent the last couple of days playin on Fifa. It was ok, better than I expected (Fifa tends to be crap so thats what I expect), but its not Pro Evo. I thought a lot of the time the games were very scrappy, and it seemed to take an age for the players to get the ball under control.

Pro is out next week so ill buy that and give it a whirl. If its pretty crap (as the demo suggests it could be!) I might switch over to Fifa.

I didn't even manage to complete 45 mins on the PES 2009 demo. It's shockingly bad. I don't quite understand how Konami have managed to monumentally cock up the series so badly.

PES 1-3 were great, but since 4 they've got progressively worse. FIFA's the opposite.