Who gets replaced at the back next week?

Generally I'm a bit of an advocate of "don't change a winning team" but today we were still quite shakey at the back and maybe the high score covers ours mistakes but I can guarantee if our defence gives Leicester that many chances our attacking play will be cancelled out. So Gregan comes in, gives us stability and commands the defence. Who do you drop?

I say move Byrne to right back and drop Lomax, nothing against the lad he didn't play bad today but the other three are better.

And I'll say this, if we have a solid defensive performance next week we'll take all three points. It's up to the defence.

Generally I'm a bit of an advocate of "don't change a winning team" but today we were still quite shakey at the back and maybe the high score covers ours mistakes but I can guarantee if our defence gives Leicester that many chances our attacking play will be cancelled out. So Gregan comes in, gives us stability and commands the defence. Who do you drop?

I say move Byrne to right back and drop Lomax, nothing against the lad he didn't play bad today but the other three are better.

And I'll say this, if we have a solid defensive performance next week we'll take all three points. It's up to the defence.

byrne and lomax will be dropped for eards and gregan next week

I will be very, very surprised if anything other than Gregan and Eardley come back in for Byrne and Lomax happens...

Can debate it all you like on here... but I pretty much guarantee that is what Shez will choose.

The only debate is at right back, the concept of not playing Jones, gregan and Hazell is ludicrous.... and Shez always goes with what he knows. Eardley will start.

lomax deserves his chance at rb and had a blinder today according to the comentary, didnt hear him misplace a pass or make a mistake once. He goes forward same as eardley but has far better distribution. Eardley needs a break anyway to try and get his head right and fight for his place, his performance at stockport smacked of arrogance and 'im off to wales next week, cant be arsed tonight'

You say dont change a winning team, well no way is Byrne keeping Gregan out next week, so other than that Lomax deserves his place, eardley cant come straight back in just cos hes been swanning off with wales all week.

lomax deserves his chance at rb and had a blinder today according to the comentary, didnt hear him misplace a pass or make a mistake once. He goes forward same as eardley but has far better distribution. Eardley needs a break anyway to try and get his head right and fight for his place, his performance at stockport smacked of arrogance and 'im off to wales next week, cant be arsed tonight'

You say dont change a winning team, well no way is Byrne keeping Gregan out next week, so other than that Lomax deserves his place, eardley cant come straight back in just cos hes been swanning off with wales all week.

Not having a dig at Lomax but he misplaced plenty of passes, had a steady enough game but Eardley will deservedly come back into the team next week along with Gregan. I dont normally like changing a winning team but we play Leicester next and we need to have our strongest team out. Getting Jones on a long term loan could be the difference between promotion and just missing out. Losing any of Crossley/Eardley/Gregan/Jones long term would cause us problems at the back, though we have decent cover short term

Edited by Gemma06

Bryne shouldnt keep Gregan out he did OK today but against FRyatt etc we need more strength and experience.

Lomax was excellent dont remember him putting a foot wrong and Earldy was poor at Stockport

ID leave Kelvin at RB for next week

Nice problem to have really. I like the look of Byrne, he's done very little wrong, but we know the Gregan/Hazell partnership works, and against the (next) best team in the league we need a defensive partnership to depend on.

Edited by garcon