Sloppy Journalism

TWO more Athletic players are walking a disciplinary tightrope ahead of Saturday’s clash with Yeovil at Boundary Park.

Defender Reuben Hazell was already on four yellow cards for the season, and he has now been joined by striker Lee Hughes and midfield man Mark Allott.

Hughes and Allott were both booked for fouls during Athletic’s superb win against league leaders Scunthorpe on Tuesday night.

And, along with Hazell, they are only one caution from being hit with an automatic ban.

The suspensions would come into effect after seven days, so if any of Hughes, Allott and Hazell are booked on Saturday they will miss the FA Cup tie at Cheltenham.

Captain Sean Gregan is the only Athletic player to be banned so far this season — he sat out three games for a straight red card against Hartlepool.

Do the chron not remember the rochdale game?

TWO more Athletic players are walking a disciplinary tightrope ahead of Saturday’s clash with Yeovil at Boundary Park.

Defender Reuben Hazell was already on four yellow cards for the season, and he has now been joined by striker Lee Hughes and midfield man Mark Allott.

Hughes and Allott were both booked for fouls during Athletic’s superb win against league leaders Scunthorpe on Tuesday night.

And, along with Hazell, they are only one caution from being hit with an automatic ban.

The suspensions would come into effect after seven days, so if any of Hughes, Allott and Hazell are booked on Saturday they will miss the FA Cup tie at Cheltenham.

Captain Sean Gregan is the only Athletic player to be banned so far this season — he sat out three games for a straight red card against Hartlepool.

Do the chron not remember the rochdale game?

Banned for life I think :-)

The pedant in me also took issue with the piece that said something along the lines (I don't have the piece to hand)of 'Athletic have now scored 19 and conceded 5 in their home games, though the latter figure could have increased significantly had Lee Hughes been more fortunate.

Never a day goes by without the Chron making at least 3 or 4 of these errors - including many in pieces written by the Deputy Editor. People in the business of writing articles for newspapers should really be better educated in English language and Grammar in my opinion.

For the record Mr Yarwood, please substitute the word 'Former' for the word 'Latter' and have your articles proof read.

There. I feel better now (Until I pick tonight's Chron off the mat).