The Right Side

Eardley and Liddell are liabilities, it's as simple as that. Liddell lacks every quality a winger needs; he can't cross, hasn't got pace and therefore can't beat his marker, and so everytime the ball comes to him he just slows play down, and more often then not goes backwards. Eardley just isn't very good; can't defend, his positioning is awful and he gives away possesion everytime the ball comes to him (yes, I realise he set two goals up against Scunny, and that's all he's done, all season, so please don't bring that up...). If we really want to get out of this division, we need quality players in every department, and for me, the right side is a major, major weak spot. I hope Sheridan gives Smalley and Lomax more of a chance in the future...

Eardley and Liddell are liabilities, it's as simple as that. Liddell lacks every quality a winger needs; he can't cross, hasn't got pace and therefore can't beat his marker, and so everytime the ball comes to him he just slows play down, and more often then not goes backwards. Eardley just isn't very good; can't defend, his positioning is awful and he gives away possesion everytime the ball comes to him (yes, I realise he set two goals up against Scunny, and that's all he's done, all season, so please don't bring that up...). If we really want to get out of this division, we need quality players in every department, and for me, the right side is a major, major weak spot. I hope Sheridan gives Smalley and Lomax more of a chance in the future...

[/quot

Lidds is no good, Eardley is crap, Gregans a liabilty, Crossleys crap, Hazells off the boil, Hughes is indisciplined, Jones is not a defender, Taylors gone crap, Allot and Whitts are off the boil blah blah blah blah

Bring in the reserve team....until after 6 games they have not won them all......get rid, they're not good enough, we need more experience...and on it goes!

Welcome to BP :D

Lidds is no good, Eardley is crap, Gregans a liabilty, Crossleys crap, Hazells off the boil, Hughes is indisciplined, Jones is not a defender, Taylors gone crap, Allot and Whitts are off the boil blah blah blah blah

Bring in the reserve team....until after 6 games they have not won them all......get rid, they're not good enough, we need more experience...and on it goes!

Welcome to BP :D

See, i'm not normally a moaner, and I think we're fine in every other department, but these two are awful. I'd be more of a threat on the right wing then Liddell, and that is not an exaggeration. Some serious changes need to be made.

Guest oa_exile
Eardley and Liddell are liabilities, it's as simple as that. Liddell lacks every quality a winger needs; he can't cross,.......

I stopped reading your post at that stage :blink:

See, i'm not normally a moaner, and I think we're fine in every other department, but these two are awful. I'd be more of a threat on the right wing then Liddell, and that is not an exaggeration. Some serious changes need to be made.

You'd probably find it is.......however you are right regarding his lack of threat at the moment.

Guest oa_exile
Aye, his crosses have been brilliant recently haven't they. The way he constantly hits the first man from corners is superb.

Is it his crosses or corners what is narking you with him, nowt to do with nobody getting remotly on the end of anything :blink:

There is a whole thread going about the corners subject :wink:

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=18341&hl=

TBH it's not the right side what needs "Sorting out",GK,the whole of the back four and midfield fall into the "liability".bracket.

Taylor isnt actually "whipping them in" either on the left .......and Jones :blink: well we could start a whole thread on him as well.

I understand where you are coming from BUT it's not JUST the right hand side.

Get my drift ? :wink:

Lidds is no good (agree)

Eardley is crap (dont agree)

Gregans a liabilty (at present - agree)

Crossleys crap (disagree...he's a scapegoat)

Hazells off the boil (not sure - something doesn't seem right with him)

Hughes is indisciplined (nah, he's stupid...2 bookings for handball, then a penalty given away, then yesterday's yellow...add in a lack of goals lately...it's not a good combination)

Jones is not a defender (100% agree!)

Taylors gone crap (yesterday, but not generally)

Allot and Whitts are off the boil (agree)...

Is it his crosses or corners what is narking you with him, nowt to do with nobody getting remotly on the end of anything :blink:

There is a whole thread going about the corners subject :wink:

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=18341&hl=

TBH it's not the right side what needs "Sorting out",GK,the whole of the back four and midfield fall into the "liability".bracket.

Taylor isnt actually "whipping them in" either on the left .......and Jones :blink: well we could start a whole thread on him as well.

I understand where you are coming from BUT it's not JUST the right hand side.

Get my drift ? :wink:

The simplest plan would be the one Shez tried vs Leicester before Byrne went off injured. That day, Lomax should've gone to LB and Eards come on from the bench. As it stands, next week I'd definitely be putting Taylor (RW) and Jones (LW) with Lomax and Eards at FB positions. Sadly, having experienced players on the pitch means f-all when they're performing like rubbish....your fellow players are hardly going to take notice.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Lidds is no good (agree)

Hughes is indisciplined (nah, he's stupid...2 bookings for handball, then a penalty given away, then yesterday's yellow...add in a lack of goals lately...it's not a good combination)

For tongue in cheek comments by myself BB you don't half agree with a lot of them :wink: Have you had a bang on your noggin :grin:

Edited by futchers briefs

For tongue in cheek comments by myself BB you don't half agree with a lot of them :wink: Have you had a bang on your noggin :grin:

Nah, just hungover from last night. I know your comment was tongue in cheek...just thought I'd point out the bits I agreed with though...coz there's some truth in it to be fair. We've got a very tough few weeks ahead coming up and it's come at a sticky time for us in our promotion chase. A tad worried about our prospects today...not so worried about where goals will come from as we've goals in the side. Sadly though, we're giving lesser teams the confidence to beat us. A bad trait to have when going for promotion.

Guest oa_exile
Lidds is no good (agree)

On paper we have a good team,strong bench and decent players who cannot get into the squad SO is it down to motivation ?

Fishing question :lol: as you know were this is leading to :)

On paper we have a good team,strong bench and decent players who cannot get into the squad SO is it down to motivation ?

Fishing question :lol: as you know were this is leading to :)

Rather than motivation...management. You may say that's the same thing, but I've found something a bit disturbing about the way we ducked out of the reserve league, only to have the biggest (and best) squad for some years and Shez sit there trying to keep players happy and their fitness up. Was always going to lead to a disadvantaged situation...of which the result has been to loan out players to keep their fitness up and give them games. When you have a large squad you've got to be clever in how you keep them happy...like Maher who has been Shez's biggest headache IMO. Look at Sourface at Old Stretford...his comments about "I've had a word with Tevez this week"...I do wonder if Shez has it in him to be able to convince these players on the fringe (well, who were but are now at Stockport and Bury etc.) that they're valauble members of the team, whether on the pitch or the bench. Whilst they wonder where their next reserve game will be...

Edited by boundaryblue80

Guest oa_exile
Rather than motivation...management. You may say that's the same thing, but I've found something a bit disturbing about the way we ducked out of the reserve league, only to have the biggest (and best) squad for some years and Shez sit there trying to keep players happy and their fitness up. Was always going to lead to a disadvantaged situation...of which the result has been to loan out players to keep their fitness up and give them games. When you have a large squad you've got to be clever in how you keep them happy...like Maher who has been Shez's biggest headache IMO. Look at Sourface at Old Stretford...his comments about "I've had a word with Tevez this week"...I do wonder if Shez has it in him to be able to convince these players on the fringe (well, who were but are now at Stockport and Bury etc.) that they're valauble members of the team, whether on the pitch or the bench. Whilst they wonder where their next reserve game will be...

Yep , I can go along with that, yet another mistake IMO to save on day to day running costs.

I posted yesterday evening that at HT I expected Shez and the backroom boys to put a rocket up the player arses on how after a lively fifteen minutes we slipped into Yeovil's game plan.

We came out in the second half exactly were we had left off at HT , no plan B from Shez and the coaching staff.

Yeovil were there for the taking , they were more than happy to go home with a point and we had no idea on how to break them down.

It continues to be a very worrying aspect that we dont change things when it's not going right (to plan).

I dont mean throwing on Subs (Which is another sore subject) just move one or two around for 10'-15' and see if it improves.

You did well I stopped reading at the "Eardley and Liddell are liabilities point"

Rather then being a smartarse, why not give a decent argument against my post. All the time on this forum you get slated for having an opinion, and yet no-one can ever give a decent counter argument...

Guest oa_exile
Rather then being a smartarse, why not give a decent argument against my post. All the time on this forum you get slated for having an opinion, and yet no-one can ever give a decent counter argument...

I did do and you ignored it !

I did do and you ignored it !

Aha, missed that. It's a good point, but i'm reasonably satisfied with what we've got in every other position, they just need to be more consistent. These two, however, are a major weak spot in my eyes. Especially Eardley, everytime the ball comes to him now you know he's going to waste it. If a decent amount of money is offered for him in January we should snap their hands off...

Ok Liddell is never going to beat his man with pace but he is good at buying himself half a yard in which we can cross it or play it to another player. Yes he goes back at times but is that always a bad thing? If you look at Deano when he comes on he only has one thing in mind which is going forward and thus leaving Eardley exposed. Eardley can defend imo opinion he weakness is his final ball, he doesnt always make the best choice but it isnt through a lack of effort as he does try to get forward. If these 2 are such liabilites who do you suggest we play on the right?

Especially Eardley, everytime the ball comes to him now you know he's going to waste it.

It's hard to counter that sentence when you've previously told us "don't mention about against Scunny"...

(yes, I realise he set two goals up against Scunny, and that's all he's done, all season, so please don't bring that up...)
Edited by boundaryblue80

Ok Liddell is never going to beat his man with pace but he is good at buying himself half a yard in which we can cross it or play it to another player. Yes he goes back at times but is that always a bad thing? If you look at Deano when he comes on he only has one thing in mind which is going forward and thus leaving Eardley exposed. Eardley can defend imo opinion he weakness is his final ball, he doesnt always make the best choice but it isnt through a lack of effort as he does try to get forward. If these 2 are such liabilites who do you suggest we play on the right?

Lomax and Smalley. Simple really. Lomax is solid and always consistant, and Smalleys direct approach and pace will terrify full backs, which i'm not convinced the prospect of facing Liddell does...

It's hard to counter that sentence when you've previously told us "don't mention about against Scunny"...

See, I think you've just argued my point for me. That's pretty much all he's done, all season. There's no other examples to use, except maybe Tranmere away, where he was solid.

Lomax and Smalley. Simple really. Lomax is solid and always consistant, and Smalleys direct approach and pace will terrify full backs, which i'm not convinced the prospect of facing Liddell does...

See, I think you've just argued my point for me. That's pretty much all he's done, all season. There's no other examples to use, except maybe Tranmere away, where he was solid.

dont understand all the eardo bashin meself - didnt think lidds was gonna be startin this seas - did do good Tat firswt but standards dropped a bit of late would love to see jonesy at left mid and tayls at right mid - food for thought = hmmm i like food

Good god.

There's some :censored:e being talked on this board at the moment isn't there! Think I'l come back in a few days.......let the muppets get on with it! :lol: