Kevin Maher

That was your opinion Ryan, and you should stick by it.

The usual people here will rip you apart and defend every mistake a Latics player makes whilst he wears a blue shirt despite the fact that you are merely giving your opinion on their performance.

Maher's corners were indeed poor efforts from any decent level of player. Quite often the corner that just reaches the first man can be the most effective as the flick on can deceive even the best defence, but the corners you were referring to were all delivered/received at waist height, and nigh on impossible to work with.

However, I wouldn't agree he was a joke, as the rest of Maher's game looked fine to me and I'd be happy to see him start ahead of Mark Allott at the moment.

BTW, your dad texted me to say he was on his 5th pint of Guinness by the final whistle - I think Daniel Jones was on his 5th pint too. :drinking::shock::wink:

Yeh. theoritcally I should have made this post can Maher actually take corners instead.

aah well.

signing off... a moron