Have i missed something?

I hate trwaling through messages for hours on end when it can be spent looking at laydeez dirty pillows, so...

I read on Sky Sports we have signed Byfield, and i also read we were in talks with a striker and a defender, the striker will be signed on Monday!

Where is he?

I hate trwaling through messages for hours on end when it can be spent looking at laydeez dirty pillows, so...

I read on Sky Sports we have signed Byfield, and i also read we were in talks with a striker and a defender, the striker will be signed on Monday!

Where is he?

I refer my right honourable friend to the information I posted earlier.

In tonight's rarely wrong Chron it says, amongst other things, that the hunt goes on for an experienced front man.

Shez said “There is no update at the moment, but I am still hopeful of signing a player on loan and I am working to make it happen”.

Also Bury have not given Latics any indication of a desire to extend O'Grady's loan.

Guest oa_exile

Where is he?

Dont you read the Chron or cant you buy it on Mars ?

ATHLETIC are still keen to sign a striker in time for Saturday’s Coca-Cola League One fixture at Northampton Town.

Manager John Sheridan today confirmed the hunt goes on for an experienced front man.

“There is no update at the moment, but I am still hopeful of signing a player on loan and I am working to make it happen,” explained Sheridan.

Athletic are being linked strongly with a move for Doncaster’s out-of-favour Darren Byfield, having also made an inquiry for Hull City’s Dean Windass.

Former Chadderton lad Steve Jones, the Burnley and Northern Ireland international, is somebody else who has been mentioned, though I understand there is no substance in that report.

Even if Sheridan fails to bring in a player, he will still have more striking options than he had for last Saturday’s FA Cup first-round tie at Cheltenham Town.

Lee Hughes will be back in the squad after completing a one-match ban and he will challenge Lewis Alessandra and Deane Smalley, last weekend’s front pairing.

Athletic could next week have even more competition for striking spots as Chris O’Grady is due to return to Boundary Park after a one-month loan spell at Bury who have not given Athletic any indication of a desire to extend it.

Defender Richie Byrne, who ended a two-month trial with Athletic last week, is training with Scottish Premier League side Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

Dont you read the Chron or cant you buy it on Mars ?

No i dont, its full of local nonsense!

I prefer to watch the news but obviously ickle Oldham doesnt get a menu!

Chron is just full of dogooding articles and major stories about wimmin who will destroy Russell Brands book because he said nasty things to someone, or whatever it was!

Bollox the lot of it!

Thought Shez was rather silly to go about mentioning him being 90% sure to sign someone on Monday. Just needless to say it TBH. Gives fuel to those who have agendas and are talking about his head on a plate once again. Not sure we even need a striker...rather a defender but hey ho...

Thought Shez was rather silly to go about mentioning him being 90% sure to sign someone on Monday. Just needless to say it TBH. Gives fuel to those who have agendas and are talking about his head on a plate once again. Not sure we even need a striker...rather a defender but hey ho...

it breaks with his tradition of not naming his target until its done and dusted.....but i assume it was a vain attempt to try and deflect some of the critisism from recent events and to try and bring some cheer to the masses.

incidently the main protaganist to his head on a plate is our md.

people are entitled to there own opinion of him and his management style and shouldnt conform to toe the party line so to speak that everything in the garden is rosey,when it evidently isnt.